latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

JW Player Amazon s3 Video Playback Messed Up

Home Forums Community Forum JW Player Amazon s3 Video Playback Messed Up

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 20th, 2013 at 2:20 pm #45243

Hello,
Great product! Thanks in advance for the help on this…

I have having inconsistent results displaying videos with JW Player. When I view a page or post containing a video the video plays perfectly 1/3 of the times, 1/3 of the times it just does not play(white where the player should be) and 1/3 of the time it will play, but the JW Player window is approx. twice the height it should be (large black bar on top and bottom). If I get a messed up result I refresh the page and it plays perfectly 100% of the time.

I am getting this in all browsers on Mac, Win, and Ubuntu.

I am using Amazon S3 with CloudFront. I have my MP4 videos in my bucket. I am using the S2Memeber short code here:

[s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6-rtmp-only" player_autostart="true" player_path="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" file_download="1.mp4" /]

Everything seems to be configured ok. Any input would be great, because this is drive me nuts :)

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 7:12 pm #45417

Hello all,
Could someone give me some advice on this please? I am completely stumped :P
Thanks,
Andrew

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 8:00 pm #45419

Fixed!! I was using the Responsive theme. Once I installed their latest update all videos are playing fine.

A

Posted: Friday Mar 22nd, 2013 at 9:44 am #45487

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I’m glad you found the solution. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.