latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

JW Player code is just not working!

Home Forums Community Forum JW Player code is just not working!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Oct 5th, 2012 at 1:33 pm #27590

Hi, I am so frustrated! The code provided in the S2 plugin area is just not working! Followed the instructions completely, still nothing works.

If I use the code provided by JW Player everything works fine:

This div will be replaced by the JW Player. jwplayer(‘player’).setup({ ‘flashplayer’: ‘/jwplayer/player.swf’, ‘width’: ‘400’, ‘height’: ‘300’, ‘file’: ‘/videos/video.mp4’ });

But the moment I implement the S2 member code, nothing works:

JW Player® appears here.
<script type="text/javascript" src="jwplayer.js”>

$s2_jw_config[“mp4_video_file_name”], “url_to_storage_source” => true, “count_against_user” => true); ?>

jwplayer(“jw-container”).setup({modes: /* JW Player®. */
[
/* First try real-time streaming with Flash® player. */
{type: “flash”, provider: “rtmp”, src: “player.swf”,
config: {streamer: “”, file: “”}},

/* Else, try an HTML5 video tag. */
{type: “html5”, provider: “video”,
config: {file: “”}},

/* Else, this is a safe fallback. */
{type: “download”, /* Download the file. */
config: {file: “”}}
],
/* Set video dimensions. */ width: 480, height: 270
});

I just keep on getting this error message:

JW Player® appears here.
$s2_jw_config[“mp4_video_file_name”], “url_to_storage_source” => true, “count_against_user” => true); ?> Sorry, you do NOT have access to this file.

And nobody seems to be monitoring these forums. So I will probably never get this solved. Not cool S2, just not cool. Why not rather remove your free version then, if there is ZERO support on that…

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Oct 5th, 2012 at 5:33 pm #27608
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Nicholas,

That error that is presented seems to indicate that either you, the user, or even your servre, doesn’t have access to that specified file.

Have you made sure that file has the correct file permissions, and that the user trying to access the video actually has access to that protected download?

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Oct 6th, 2012 at 4:07 am #27629

Hi Eduan

What are the correct file permissions? There is no guidelines that I can find anywhere. I just followed the tutorial files and setup my S2 and Amazon links, I then saved everything and s@ created the distributions.

I then upload the JW Player files to my server.

I then took the code snippet and copy/paste it into my WordPress post. I leave everything as is to ensure the test video plays. At this point I have not used any of my own uploaded videos. I am simply trying to get the test video provided by JW Player to work.

First, I continue to get a flash player not installed. I have flash installed, it is working on other videos uploaded in a non-secure way from my Amazon server. So thats not the issue. The player does not even want to load, there is just a blank screen with the message “Flash Player not installed” and like I said, it is installed.

Maybe it is a permission issue. Where can I get a tutorial or guidelines on how to setup permissions between Amazon and S2 Member?

I really appreciate the response, this is killing me and we need to launch…

Posted: Saturday Oct 6th, 2012 at 11:26 am #27661
Eduan
Username: Eduan

OK, with the permissions I mean that your webhost has the necessary permissions to be able to access that file, probably make it the owner.

Have you checked out both of these troublesooting articles?:
http://www.s2member.com/kb/jw-player-sample-code-not-working/
http://www.s2member.com/kb/resolving-problems-with-file-downloads/

– Eduan

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.