latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Latest update wiped out page/post protections

Home Forums Community Forum Latest update wiped out page/post protections

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 8:26 am #46901
Roger Rueff
Username: scene13

After my update yesterday to v130406, I discovered that all of the s2Member protections I had set for my pages and posts disappeared (except for a couple of Level #0 protections)… so that all of my member pages/posts have been, apparently, accessible by non-members.

I have reset my members-only pages/posts to their s2M protection levels (not a small undertaking) but cannot figure out why this would happen.

Passing on the info.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 1:32 am #47012
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

We haven’t ever had a report of this happening. Do you have any plugins that add extra Post Meta options to your Posts/Pages, or possibly a database cleaning tool installed on your server?

Also could you run this Server Scanner?

See: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Server Scanner

Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 6:31 am #47052
Roger Rueff
Username: scene13

Upon running the server scanner, I received two messages (everything else is a [PASS]):

1. “[ERROR] OpenSSL Extension With openssl_sign()” — But I’ve been running s2Member on my site successfully now for over a year with no problems.
2. “[NOTICE] WordPress® Memory Limit” — Telling me that my current limit is 40MB rather than the recommended 64MB.

I’ll look into the matter of whether any of my other plugins are adding extra Post/Meta options.

Thanks.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 6:52 pm #47127
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Okay. Thanks for the information. I’ll ask our development team if they’re heard of anything like this happening in the past.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.