latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Level #0 Expired accounts

Home Forums Community Forum Level #0 Expired accounts

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  David Welch 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Mar 11th, 2012 at 6:03 am #7855
JohnC
Username: chapmj

I’m trying to create a members only section for our social club. (using free version of S2 members).
Users will be created by our membership sec as level #0 and new users will not be able to register themselves.
Membership will expire after 1 year unless renewed.
We are not interested in level #1 and above (Paypal etc)

I am able to protect pages so they are available to members using S2.

Does the Automatic EOT Time work for level #0. Our expired accounts still allow the user to login.
Do I need to do something at the php level?

I have set the account to expire in +10 Minutes etc but I can still log in.
eg Demoted by s2Member: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:53 am UTC

I’m new to WordPress but know a little php.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  JohnC.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 9:42 pm #8073
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I’m not sure if this will work, but try under s2member->paypal options->automatic eot behavior->Membership EOT Behavior ( demote or delete )?

Try choosing delete and see if it will delete the member’s account if they are level 0. The problem is that at level 0 (subscriber) they still have an active wordpress account, so they can still log in.

I would suggest setting your members at level 1 and our content pages at access level 1 as well if you don’t want to delete the accounts, then they should be demoted to level 0 at eot.

Hope that helps.
Dave

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.