latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Level 0 members seeing Login Welcome Page

Home Forums Community Forum Level 0 members seeing Login Welcome Page

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 3:57 pm #13789
Ken Moody
Username: kenmoody

When folks register with our site, but do not purchase a membership, they are still able to view the Login Welcome Page. I would like to limit access to that page to just Level 1’s and higher. I tried entering the page number in the field for “Pages that require level #1 or higher” in the Page Level Access Restrictions settings, but that does not seem to be doing the trick. I search around this forum and the old without a lot of luck in finding a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Ken

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 7:42 am #13871

Hi Ken.

The Login Welcome page will always be restricted at Level 0, because it’s mean to be viewable by any member upon login, which includes free users.

You could have two Login Welcome pages, and protect the one for Level 1 users.

In the admin’s Login Welcome Page panel, instead of picking a WP page from the dropdown, you can enter a URL like

http://mysite.com/welcome-%%current_user_level%%

Then create the pages welcome-0 and welcome-1, and protect them with levels 0 and 1 respectively. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 5:21 pm #13907
Ken Moody
Username: kenmoody

Yes, that is very helpful. Thank you very much Cristian, your assistance is greatly appreciated!

KenM

Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 8:55 pm #13936

You’re welcome! Glad I could help you. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.