latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Level 0 registration w/out PayPal

Home Forums Community Forum Level 0 registration w/out PayPal

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Phil Jones 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Apr 8th, 2012 at 2:45 am #10309
mcnb
Username: mcnb

I’ve seen this question a few times in the forum but it seems people always say they’ve figured it out…and don’t bother posting the solution!

Simple blog, blocking all content unless registered. For now, I want everyone to be Level 0, free. Since there is no cost I would like to skip the PayPal screen and go directly to registration.

I created the beginner’s Membership Options page but can’t figure out how to do this. I can’t figure out how to do it with Registration Before Checkout (if that’s the way to do it) which says to make “a PayPal® Button available to Free Subscribers at Level #0” but I don’t see that option. Also could not quite figure out the code that tricks s2 by telling it the PayPal fields without actually going through PayPal.

I just want login fields to show up on the Membership Options page and allow people to register. What obvious thing am I missing? If I wanted payment I’d be able to figure this out but I feel like I’ve read through the entire site without a complete step-by-step answer.

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Apr 8th, 2012 at 3:32 am #10310

I have also registered here to find an answer to mcnb’s question. Doesn’t seem to be an easily findable solution.

Posted: Sunday Apr 8th, 2012 at 6:06 pm #10335
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

If you just want to have anyone register for level 0, simply allow “Open Registration” in your s2member settings. Any one who registers without going through a paypal payment is automatically set up as a level 0 user.

The registration form is the standard WP registration form found at: yoursite.com/wp-login.php?action=register

Now, if you want the membership options page to be the actual registration form, that’s not a native function of the free version of s2member. So you could add a link from your membership options page to your registration form, or you could add a small hack to s2member via their hook system to circumvent the redirection if a user clicks on a non-public page.

You could add this to your functions.php file in your theme or in a new file like s2hacks.php in the directory wp-content/mu-plugins/s2hacks.php

<?php
function dw_redirect($vars = array()){
	wp_redirect(site_url('/wp-login.php?action=register')); //This redirects to the login page.
	exit();
}

add_action("ws_plugin__s2member_before_wp_redirect_w_mop_vars","dw_redirect"); //Adds the function to the hook.
add_action("ws_plugin__s2member_before_wp_redirect_wo_mop_vars","dw_redirect"); //Adds the function to the hook.
?>

Hope that helps or points you in the right direction.

Dave

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 9:31 am #25566
Phil Jones
Username: phil_tri

David, if I had the paid (Pro) version is there a simpler way to add the registration for to the “Members option page”?

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.