latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Level Upgrade needing aproval by admin

Home Forums Community Forum Level Upgrade needing aproval by admin

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 28th, 2013 at 2:42 pm #54301
rspeir
Username: escorrt

I am having issues understanding how I can create an upgrade form with additional fields to be filled out that needs to be manually reviewed and approved…it is NOT a “Buy Now” function and automatic approval.

Scenario:
I have a paying Level 1 member who wants to become a team leader (to me this means upgrade to a level 2 membership). Here are my issues:

1) I do NOT want this member to have to fill out a new form which will create a new profile. HOWEVER, I will need them to fill out a few additional fields first (the team name, and the team concept) and submit that for approval. In other words, their current profile needs to remain intact, it just needs to have information added to it (upon admin approval). How do I create a form that adds this additional information to their CURRENT profile which then upon approval will upgrade them to the level 2?

2) There is NO cost associated with this upgrade from level 1 to level 2. It is free, I just need this additional information as mention in #1 above. I understand that their recurring subscription payments can basically be “transferred” in the shortcode so they will continue to be charged the recurring fee to keep their membership. Is this free upgrade possible with a form that needs to be created to gather that extra information?

3) The submission of their team name, etc, needs to be reviewed by my admins before they are upgraded to level 2. It is NOT an automatic upgrade. How to I create this manually approved, free upgrade with the additional information added to their current profile? It is KEY that they keep their current profile, it just has this information added to it upon approval.

Thank you for your help!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 30th, 2013 at 11:41 pm #54445
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I am having issues understanding how I can create an upgrade form with additional fields to be filled out that needs to be manually reviewed and approved…it is NOT a “Buy Now” function and automatic approval.

s2Member doesn’t have this kind of form available. The only way to achieve this would be to have a developer set up a form to collect the information from your Users and to either automatically or manually upgrade the User and their profile after they submit the form. Sorry about that. You might check out one of the Contact Form plugins for creating that.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-plugin/

Posted: Friday Aug 9th, 2013 at 4:29 pm #55501
rspeir
Username: escorrt

Ok, well then it is possible to have additional fields for an upgrade form going from free level 0 to level 1 (i.e. ask for driver’s license number, date of birth, etc.)?

This would be an automatic upgrade once they pay.

Posted: Monday Aug 12th, 2013 at 11:15 pm #55602
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Ok, well then it is possible to have additional fields for an upgrade form going from free level 0 to level 1 (i.e. ask for driver’s license number, date of birth, etc.)?

No, s2Member does not put the Custom Registration/Profile fields in modification forms. Only registration forms. You will need to have Users update their profile after they upgrade if you have level-specific Profile Fields that they need to fill out.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.