latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Licence – query

Home Forums Community Forum Licence – query

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 4:30 am #13742
Jason Hunt
Username: jasonhunt

I need to buy S2Member Pro, but unsure which licence/combination I need. I am installing it on a test domain (.co.uk) for a client and obviously doing all dev work on it. But when site is ready to go live, we will be switching to live server (.com). I own neither domain, but client doesn’t need support, I do? Can I just purchase an ‘unlimited’ package, or will the client need one of these too??

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 6:43 am #13858

Hi Jason.

If it’ll just be a single live site, the single site license is fine, the installation you use for development doesn’t count.

Regarding who should own the license, please read this: http://www.s2member.com/prices/#s2-terms-license-types

Please note… if you’re a developer, your clients will need to purchase their own Single-Site and/or Unlimited-Site License. We will not support s2Member® Product instances on domains that you do NOT own and operate yourself. We invite all developers to join our affiliate program, and refer their clients to s2Member.com, where your clients may purchase an s2Member® Product of their own. This also gives your clients access to future releases.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 11:51 am #13881
Jason Hunt
Username: jasonhunt

Sort of.
As I said, I don’t own either domain, but it will be me and my team that need support from you, not out client?

Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 9:43 pm #13943

Right, even if you post the support questions while working with that client, the license would be to his name. In the future, even if you stop working for him, he’ll still have the license with the right to use it and get support.

I hope that makes sense. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.