latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

License

Home Forums Community Forum License

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 1:36 pm #12068
Michael Saky
Username: Kowskiy

I am WordPress developer do I can use your open source project and embed it to my wordpress theme with the licence GPL2 for free? I want to submit it to envato marketplace. Many thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 1:47 pm #12069
León
Username: Jaleo

Hi Michael,

If I were you I would read the whole GPL license, that way I can find out what I can (or can’t) do with the plugin’s source code.

Hope that helps.
-León

Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 3:03 pm #12071
Michael Saky

You mentioned that your software is open source.I would like to integrate it to my wordpress theme? I will sell just my theme not you plugin. GPLv2 same as the other wordpress theme on the themeforest.

Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 3:28 pm #12077
León
Username: Jaleo

It’s not my software, I’m just another user like you. I tried to help suggesting that you read the license s2Member is released under and see there what it lets you or not do, that’s all. I can’t speak for the owner of s2Member and I don’t work for him, that’s why I suggested that. Sorry I wasn’t clearer earlier. :)

Posted: Saturday Apr 28th, 2012 at 4:54 am #12138
Michael Saky

No problem my friend, but you can still help me a lot if you want to strength the friendship. Do you have any idea how to contact them? I know this site, but that is for the customers.

Many thanks

Mike

Posted: Wednesday May 2nd, 2012 at 3:26 am #12346
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

The s2Member Framework (i.e. the free version of s2Member), is 100% GPL, as-is WordPress itself. Therefore, as long as you follow all of rules of GPL, you can bundle a copy of the s2Member Framework into another GPL-compatible software application. Just remember, your entire application must also be licensed as GPL if it includes s2Member.

s2Member Pro is NOT 100% GPL, and therefore cannot be redistributed in this way. Only the free s2Member Framework can be redistributed. See: http://www.s2member.com/terms/
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.