latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Lifetime Access with Trial Period

Home Forums Community Forum Lifetime Access with Trial Period

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Oct 16th, 2012 at 11:10 am #28569

I’d like to offer folks a short free trial, followed by lifetime access (nonrecurring). How can I accomplish this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 16th, 2012 at 2:27 pm #28581
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Have you looked at configuring a trial time in your button generator?

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Oct 16th, 2012 at 6:32 pm #28599

The button generator gives me a Buy Now option for One-time (liftetime access, non-recurring, no trial). I was really hoping there was a way around the “No Trial” part. What are my options?

Posted: Tuesday Oct 16th, 2012 at 8:11 pm #28610
Eduan

Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t notice you couldn’t have a trial with lifetime access.

I believe this is a limitation from PayPal, but I’m not sure, you can check out older posts in the old forums just to make sure there isn’t any work-around.

One work-around though, is to make them register for free as a trial, and then after five days give them the option to upgrade (using content dripping). Link to content dripping: Knowledge Base » Introduction to Content Dripping in s2Member®

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Oct 16th, 2012 at 8:47 pm #28616

Thanks, Eduan. Will take a look at content dripping, though not being php-savvy, it scares me a bit.

I could not find any workarounds in the forums, except for this thread in the old forum that came close, but did not resolve the issue:

http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16122&p=54219

Is it possible to use the proposed shortcode in that thread and just change “tp=0” to “tp=3”?

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="**Description and pricing details here.**" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="**www.your-website-url.com**" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="27.00" rp="1" rt="L" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]
Posted: Wednesday Oct 17th, 2012 at 10:21 am #28709
Eduan

I’m afraid that wouldn’t work, doesn’t hurt to try though. I’m just basing myself from the s2Member documentation.

Well, I think the point is that it’s not possible with lifetime access. Have you thought about offering 5 years instead of a lifetime?..

Oh I see! Yeah, it isn’t possible to offer trials for one-time payment buttons, only for recurring subscriptions. I believe this is a limitation from PayPal though, since otherwise it would make sense to offer a trial.

– Eduan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.