latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Limit level0 user see the premium content

Home Forums Community Forum Limit level0 user see the premium content

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jan 13th, 2013 at 4:00 pm #37301
Bear bb
Username: bearbb

Hello,

I installed s2member free version in my site and I really love it and want to upgrade to pro. I got some questions.

1. Let say I use the following code to restrict the premium content in a post. I create 3 posts by using the code below: test1, test2, test3

[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_level0)]
Some content for Members who are logged in with an s2Member Level >= 0.
[/s2If]

Is it possible to limit how many premium content show to the member? e.g. If a user view test1, then he can’t view the premium conten in test2 and test3.

2. I will buy the pro version since I want to use the ccbill addon. If a user join my site as a free user first, can he use ccbill addon to upgrade later? Does he require to choose another username after the upgrade?

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 7:25 am #37343
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

1. Let say I use the following code to restrict the premium content in a post. I create 3 posts by using the code below: test1, test2, test3

[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_level0)]
Some content for Members who are logged in with an s2Member Level >= 0.
[/s2If]
Is it possible to limit how many premium content show to the member? e.g. If a user view test1, then he can’t view the premium conten in test2 and test3.

Your use of s2Member Conditionals here is correct. No problem there. However, s2Member does not provide any functionality that would make it possible for you to disallow access to one page, because a Member has visited another already. That’s something you would need to custom code unfortunately.

2. I will buy the pro version since I want to use the ccbill addon. If a user join my site as a free user first, can he use ccbill addon to upgrade later? Does he require to choose another username after the upgrade?

Yes, this will work just fine. With s2Member Pro installed, please generate a ccBill Payment Button with s2Member, and introduce this to your Users/Members, or to new customers. If the customer is already logged-in when they click the payment button, s2Member will automatically detect they are an existing user, and their existing account will be updated to a paid status, instead of asking the user to re-register. This is something that occurs automatically, as long as the customer is logged-in when they proceed to checkout.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.