latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Live Video Chat Based on Membership Levels

Home Forums Community Forum Live Video Chat Based on Membership Levels

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 3:47 pm #22389

Is there a way to integrate a live chat so that members can chat with each other? Also, would like to base it on the membership. For instance, one member level will be for text chat, next level up would text and video chat, etc. Also, what if they wanted multiple video chats going at once? Do you know of any video solutions that could stream the video live too?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Aug 19th, 2012 at 7:19 am #22479

Well, if you find a way to have the chatbox in a WordPress page/post, you can restrict access to the page/post using s2Member based on levels.

Do you have a chat solution in mind already or are you still looking for one?

Posted: Sunday Aug 19th, 2012 at 11:36 am #22497

I purchased from http://www.flashchatdeluxe.com and integrate it with my WordPress site and was hoping to use that.

Posted: Monday Aug 20th, 2012 at 7:01 am #22531

I see. I’m not familiar with it, but from the installation instructions, after uploading the script files, you just embed the chat using an iframe in your page. If you protect the WP page with s2Member, the chat would not be accessible.

I don’t know how you’d restrict access to features of the chat, though. You should get your develper to check if there somewhere in the scripts where you can add your own conditionals checking for access. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals[/hilite]

I hope it helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.