latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Localhost and Roots theme throwing up errors

Home Forums Community Forum Localhost and Roots theme throwing up errors

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 4th, 2013 at 10:35 am #46618

Hi,

The plugin is currently throwing out errors with the Roots theme installed. I’m working on MAMP localhost and followed the instructions to

define("LOCALHOST", true);

on the wp-config file, so that doesn’t seem to be the issue. I’m assuming it has something to do with the custom

.htaccess

settings and perhaps the custom setup that the theme has.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in ~/Sites/domain/wordpress/html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 243

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in ~/Sites/domain/wordpress/html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 269

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in ~/Sites/domain/wordpress/html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 281

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in ~/Sites/domain/wordpress/html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 284

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in ~/Sites/domain/wordpress/html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 248

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in ~/Sites/domain/wordpress/html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 243

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in ~/Sites/domain/wordpress/html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 269

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in ~/Sites/domain/wordpress/html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 281

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in ~/Sites/domain/wordpress/html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 284

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in ~/Sites/domain/wordpress/html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 248

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ~/Sites/domain/wordpress/html/wp-includes/link-template.php:243) in ~/Sites/domain/wordpress/html/wp-includes/option.php on line 568

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ~/Sites/domain/wordpress/html/wp-includes/link-template.php:243) in ~/Sites/domain/wordpress/html/wp-includes/option.php on line 569

I’m yet to test the plugin so this might not affect it’s functionality, but I obviously couldn’t present it to the client like this. Has anyone else had these issues? Is it a Roots specific issue, or a localhost one?

I have MAMP Pro setup to point for virtualhost to run it as

http://site/

instead of localhost url.

Ideas?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 4th, 2013 at 11:05 am #46619

Ok, so I’ve now tested with the default Twenty Eleven theme and the same thing is happening, I’ve deleted the .htaccess file and generated the new one with basic permalink rewrites only. Some more errors that I’m seeing when I’ve changed the template:

Notice: Undefined variable: cache_needs_updating in ~/Sites/domain/wordpress/html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/classes/cache.inc.php on line 94

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ~/Sites/domain/voluntaryarts/wordpress/html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/classes/cache.inc.php:94) in ~/Sites/domain/wordpress/html/wp-includes/option.php on line 568

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ~/Sites/domain/wordpress/html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/classes/cache.inc.php:94) in ~/Sites/domain/wordpress/html/wp-includes/option.php on line 569

Also, I’m getting some weird character bugginess (see image below).

Posted: Friday Apr 5th, 2013 at 8:40 am #46688

Do you have [hilite mono]WP_DEBUG[/hilite] enabled? That throws several notices with s2Member, although no error that’d stop it from working properly. If you disable debugging you won’t get those notices. http://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

We’re taking care of all the notices in the new s2Member being developed, so that won’t be an inconvenience in the future.

Also, I’m getting some weird character bugginess (see image below).

I don’t know what that’s about… Do you get it with new users too? Could you create a new test one to see if the same happens there? I haven’t seen this before.

Maybe it’s a character encoding thing in WP or the database?

Or try the tips in this article: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Friday Apr 5th, 2013 at 12:59 pm #46716

Ah, yes. That’s it. All the errors and the odd character issues have now disappeared with debug set to false — it might catch others out as it looks a bit WTH when you’re first setting up so good to hear you’re working on it!

Any timeframe for the new S2 member? It’d be great to get a sneak peek as we’re not going live for 5 months yet, although I expect it’s going to be backwards compatible.

Is there anyway I can add a secondary email notification address? I’m using the clients account.

Thanks,

Rob

Posted: Saturday Apr 6th, 2013 at 10:06 am #46755

Glad that solved it. Thanks for the update. :)

No, no time for it yet. Not exactly backwards compatible, it’s a complete rewrite and the data will be stored differentlyl in the database, so upgrading will require a migration from the current s2Member using a script that we’ll make available.

Is there anyway I can add a secondary email notification address? I’m using the clients account.

For what notification?

Posted: Sunday Apr 7th, 2013 at 7:19 pm #46817

I guess I shall have to wait and see what you’re cooking up then, would be helpful to have a roadmap to save hacking away on features that’ll be in the new version ;)

For support email notifications, I’m having to check in every so often to see if there’s been any replies. Suppose I could change the email for the time being.

Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 4:45 am #47043

For support email notifications, I’m having to check in every so often to see if there’s been any replies. Suppose I could change the email for the time being.

Ah, I understand. Well, maybe you could create a filter in his email account so it forwards you a copy?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.