latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Locked out of website: Max logins

Home Forums Community Forum Locked out of website: Max logins

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Nov 20th, 2012 at 12:52 pm #32115

I have never had a problem with s2member. This morning I went to my website and it asked me to login. Happens from time to time. I did so and it would not accept my password. I tried again and then again and then s2member’s max logins kicked in.

I went through cpanel, reset my password, waited more than 30 minutes and tried again. No luck. I am constantly being told, “Max failed logins. Please wait 30 minutes and try again.”

I found on this website a hack solution, create a file under mu-plugins/s2hacks.php with some code in it. Did that and it crapped out my website (got a message in my browser saying the page had unsupported compression).

In any event, some how, some way, I need to disable the max logins routine through the back end. Currently I cannot login to my website.

If I renamed the s2member folder under /plugins, would that disable it and allow me access?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Nov 20th, 2012 at 1:22 pm #32118

I am back in. For further information:

I temporarily disabled all plugins in wp_options. Went to the log in page, refreshed the page and, curiously, it still said Max logins, wait 30 minutes on the page. Tried to login, it wouldn’t let me. Enabled all the plugins again in wp_options.

Suddenly, ti dawned on me that I recently installed w3 total cache. I was being served a cached page. Sure enough, I waited a little longer, the cache must have emptied because I refreshed the page and no longer had the Max logins warning.

I may be out in left field, but it appears to me there is a problem with having Max logins enabled and this particular cache program running.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 20th, 2012 at 8:28 pm #32176
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Dave,

Well done finding out the problem. :)

I suggest you check into deactivating Object caching if I’m not mistaken, I think that causes problems. I also suggest that you look into deactivating caching for the login and registration page (both are wp-login.php).

BTW, these restriction settings are configured in s2Member under:
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Brute Force IP/Login Restrictions
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Unique IP Access Restrictions

– Eduan

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.