latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Log-in on members page only not site wide

Home Forums Community Forum Log-in on members page only not site wide

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Mar 3rd, 2013 at 6:14 pm #43676

I am a little confused about how to set up the system. I want a members login page and then control the pages beyond that – not a site wide login. Am I right in thinking that I have to have the pro-addition to do that. I have seen the video regarding setting up portals which is exactly what I want and then to display products that have been purchased by that individual. So I assume this can be done and do I need pro to do it.

Secondly, is there any integration with opencart from these functions? Can I build that around the php in your API.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 6:32 am #43752

Hi Andrew.

I want a members login page and then control the pages beyond that – not a site wide login. Am I right in thinking that I have to have the pro-addition to do that.

You want to protect the whole site, requiring the user to login before he can open any of the pages? No, you don’t need the Pro add-on for that, if I understand your question correctly.

Just use the URI restriction with a / at level 0, then any page will redirect non-logged in users to the one you set as the Membership Options Page. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions[/hilite]

I have seen the video regarding setting up portals which is exactly what I want and then to display products that have been purchased by that individual. So I assume this can be done and do I need pro to do it.

If the video doesn’t mention requiring the Pro add-on, then you don’t need it. I haven’t watched it in well over a year, but I don’t remember that Pro was required for the solution mentioned. You will need some customization if you want to automate some of the things suggested, though.

Secondly, is there any integration with opencart from these functions? Can I build that around the php in your API.

No, there isn’t an integration for it. Sure, you can build any customization you want, s2Member’s code is open and you can work with it to create what you need.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 6:36 am #43754

Thanks for the reply.

Just one thing I do not want a site wide login (see original question), just a login from a members page. I assume I can do that with either version then?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 9:34 pm #43923
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Andrew,

I’m afraid I don’t understand.

You mean that they can only login from a certain page/post? Or only from a specific post/page restricted post/page for example?

Could you please be a little clearer on this regard? Thanks!

– Eduan

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.