latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

logged in users not able to access content

Home Forums Community Forum logged in users not able to access content

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Warwick Jones 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 12:36 pm #39424

Hi, thanks for the ‘Newbie’ support thus far.

My current issue is that a logged in member cannot access all restricted pages. I currently only have 1 level of restriction.

A member logs in, ends up on their My Account Page (AKA Login Welcome Page). However if they try to click an otherwise restricted link they get redirected back to the ‘Membership Options Page” page.

Possible cause: The pages affected are those that have both Category and Tag restrictions.

I need both, because I found that non-members could access restricted content via the Tags widget – which forms part of my navigation options and I really don’t won’t to remove this option.

Your expert guidance is much appreciated.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 11:18 pm #39591
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

A member logs in, ends up on their My Account Page (AKA Login Welcome Page). However if they try to click an otherwise restricted link they get redirected back to the ‘Membership Options Page” page.

Once you are redirected, please look at the URL, and copy/paste all of the query string variables that you see in the URL, here in the forum for review. Those are called MOP Vars, and they will tell the story about why the redirection occurred. You can learn about these here.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)

Posted: Saturday Jan 26th, 2013 at 3:07 am #39632

Hello Jason,

Thank you for your reply. By the by, the issue was not with the redirection. However, I have worked out a solution by creating new tags and by basing all my restriction settings only on tags not a mixture of both and that has fixed the problem.

Regards,

Warwick

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.