latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Login only on Internet Explorer

Home Forums Community Forum Login only on Internet Explorer

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 6:09 pm #26750

Hi,

Currently, our members are only able to access the restricted information on Internet Explorer.

On the other browsers, they are able to login to the welcome page, but then when they click again they keep being resent to the login page on an endless loop.

I was told that it has to do with www vs non-www and I saw the forum post about it, but in my case, I made the settings on WP to have the non-www, my profile on s2 member’s site also says the non-www and the website redirects everyone from www to non-www, and the problem still persists, so I’m not sure what else to do at this point.

Could you help please?

Thanks.

PS the website is leesilsby.com

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 7:41 am #26823

Hi there.

I’m not sure why you’d be sent on that loop with the other browsers and not with Internet Explorer. When you get redirected to the login page after logging in, could you copy the URL in the address bar and paste it here? I’d like to see if there’s any redirection variable there.

I can’t test this without an account to login with… Do you have a test account I could try to reproduce this?

I’m suspecting that your theme or another plugin is causing this.

To test the theme, you can change for a momento to the default TwentyEleven one and try logging in again with the account you had the problem you mention.

If that didn’t solve it, test the plugins deactivating them one by one, testing after each if the problem went away.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 10:16 am #26842

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for the reply.

I deactivated all plugins, but the problem still occurred on Firefox and Chrome.

I created a username for you to test. It’s s2member, password s2membertest

The login page is http://leesilsby.com/login-or-register

The page I’m redirected to is
http://leesilsby.com/login-or-register?_s2member_seekingtype=page&_s2member_seekingpage=649&_s2member_seeking_uri=L3J4LXNoZWV0cw%3D%3D&_s2member_reqtype=level&_s2member_reqlevel=1&_s2member_restype=page&s2member_seeking=page-649&s2member_level_req=1

I didn’t switch the theme yet, because I was afraid I might lose some of the widgets or information if I do that. Is it a concern or will everything else remain the same?

In case, I’d appreciate if you could test and let me know if you indentify the problem.

Thanks a lot!

Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 7:01 am #26929

Thanks for the info. :)

I logged in successfully and was shown the /practitioners page, which I assume is the one you set for Login Welcome.

Then I tried the page with ID 649, which is the one that sent you to the Membership Options page with the URL you posted, and I was shown the /rx-sheets page, wasn’t redirected.

The URL you posted says that the the page is protected with the Page restriction at Level 1. What level did you give the test account you provided me with? Could you check what level the account you tried before has?

Also, could you tell me what pages you set for:
Home [hilite path]Dashboard -> Options -> Read -> Front Page[/hilite]
Membership Options [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Options Page[/hilite]
Login Welcome [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page[/hilite]

I don’t know if your theme would lose its configuration if you switch it for a moment, I haven’t had a problem with themes yet, but I don’t think all themes are the same. You should ask the theme developer that question, or test it in a test installation of WP to see what happens.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.