latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Login page

Home Forums Community Forum Login page

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jan 18th, 2013 at 11:44 am #38039
Andy C
Username: andy

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 5:28 pm #38341
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Andy,

Theme My Login is known to cause issues with s2Member.

First, it’s functionality does not work with s2Member, s2Member overrides it.

And second, I believe it causes conflicts with s2Member’s JavaScript.

s2Member allows you to customize your login/registration page, you can do so under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Registration Design.

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 1:23 pm #38431
Andy C

Hi Eduan — Thanks! That is good to know…. I won’t use it then.

I do know that S2Member lets me customize the login page – but what I had wanted was an embedded login page, not the one where you linked to, where users are taken to a totally separate page away from my site.

Do you know if there is a way to embed the customized login page so users can stay on my site?

Thanks!
Andrea

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 8:58 pm #38543
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

Have you seen this?
Dashboard -› Appearance -› Widgets -› Pro Login Widget

See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Pro Login Widget (via PHP)
See also: Knowledge Base » Login Box Like s2Member.com?

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 9:00 pm #38544
Staff Member

OH, so sorry. I see that you have.

Another alternative to Theme My Login that is compatible with s2Member®.
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sidebar-login/

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 9:07 pm #38547
Andy C

Hi Jason – thank you. Ideally I was trying to stay away from using sidebar widgets, and trying to have a solution where my login page has the login form embedded in the main page (versus the sidebar). But it is sounding like doing anything else may be too complicated if I wanted a log in page on my site (versus clicking away to the separate login page of WordPress).

I’ll run with the sidebar widgets then.

Thanks

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 9:19 pm #38551
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

Gotchya. Well, maybe not that complicated. If you install the Exec-PHP plugin, you can then pop this into a Post or Page if you like, and it would produce s2Member’s Pro Login Widget for you (getting you out of the sidebar). This could be configured also. See this article in the Codex.

This is all you really need though. Put it anywhere you like.

<?php s2member_pro_login_widget(); ?>

I also recommend this plugin quite often.
If you have trouble, install this and turn off all WordPress content filters on Posts or Pages that contain PHP code.
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/raw-html/

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.