latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Login Page is displaying a URL

Home Forums Community Forum Login Page is displaying a URL

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Dec 24th, 2012 at 8:56 pm #35482

My login page for my site is throwing in a URL underneath the normal text.

So the log in page is:
logo
login status
username field
my password field
remember me checkbox
register | lost your password? field
< back to main site link

And then, out of nowhere, there is now a text URL showing up in the screen:
https://www.mywebsite.com/wp-login.php?action=register (it doesn’t literally say mywebsite, it says the site name in that part).

I contacted WP Engine, my host about this, and they believe it is the s2 membership plugin that is throwing the URL into the login.

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by  Guitar Jams.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Dec 25th, 2012 at 9:23 am #35485
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jimmy,

That’s strange behavior, it means that for some reason s2Member is not being able to make the URL into readable text (or something along those lines).

Could you try these common troubleshooting tips and see if they fix the problem? Remember to clear the cache each time you test it. ;)
Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Jan 4th, 2013 at 4:21 pm #36187

Hi Eduan,

I have tried the common troubleshooting tips. The site in question is hosted on WPEngine, so I set up a staging area and found the problems still existed regardless of theme (I tried the default theme), and even when all other plugins were disabled. I also uploaded the server check, which pointed at no issue other than increasing the WordPress memory limit from 32 to 64mb.

Are there other suggestions that can be tried?

Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 2:31 pm #36305
Eduan
Username: Eduan

That’s strange. Does this happen on a fresh install of s2Member and WordPress? Just installed WordPress and s2Member and nothing else?

It might be worth trying to reproduce the issue in another hosting provider, or in localhost.

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Jan 12th, 2013 at 3:11 am #37088
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

@ jimmy p

I can confirm this is not a bug in a default WordPress/s2Member installation. That being said, here are some things that come to mind, so you might give these a look and report back please :-)

• Have you added any custom code to this page using s2Member? For instance, under: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Registration Design, have you added anything in that panel which might include a double quote, or another special character that might break valid HTML code? This could explain why that link is shining through. Perhaps there are characters being injected from your configuration that are causing a disruption?
  • If you have don’t have any other plugins running (which you mentioned), and you’re using the default theme, try disabling s2Member. Does that fix the issue? If so, please send us a Dashboard login and we’ll get this resolved for you. See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.