latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Login Page Not Working (wp-login)

Home Forums Community Forum Login Page Not Working (wp-login)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 7th, 2013 at 8:12 pm #60212

Hi there,

I’ve been scouring the help database for HOURS and this seems to be not an uncommon problem.

I’m using the following details:

Register for an account
http://www.prioritiseyourpleasure.com/wp-login.php?action=register

Login:
http://www.prioritiseyourpleasure.com/wp-login.php

The login is not working to the members only area :(

I can see it flicking through the URLs to get into the Member Login Page “http://www.prioritiseyourpleasure.com/members-area where my content is set up but it keeps coming back to the same wp-login.php page.

I have done the following:
1. deactivated ALL plugins
2. deactivated, uninstalled, deleted and reinstalled s2Member
3. checked my theme by deactivating it and returning to the default theme
4. Cleared cookies and cache repeatedly
5. signed up as a paying customer through the “JOIN NOW” page using the short code given in s2Member paypal options
6. I’ve also watched the tutorial here – http://www.s2member.com/videos/73410BDAD0526234/ – I’m very wary of making changes to my themes files so want to know what else could be causing the problem :(

None of these work – the url keeps returning to the wp-login.php page and will not let me access the members area.

:(

Please help!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  Mirror Mirror.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:25 pm #60503
miranda rota
Username: tara2

Can I ask how you got your questions answered please? I’ve been looking through the forum and it seems that a good half of the requests go TOTALLY unanswered. Your request is 2 weeks old!!

If you managed to get help some other way, would you mind sharing how you did it as I’m stuck with setting up the S2m plugin and really freaking out now, that there is not going to be any help given. I will be really in the soup if I can’t get some advice! :(

Look forward to hearing from you
Miranda

Posted: Wednesday Oct 23rd, 2013 at 6:46 am #60550

The login is not working to the members only area :(

I see you’ve done some troubleshooting steps, here are some more you should try: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

It’s normally something in the theme, widget or some plugin, setting the redirect_to variable and overriding the Login Welcome Page redirection, so I’m surprised that deactivating the plugins and using the default theme weren’t enough to have the behavior change during your tests.

A very good test is to install a separate WordPress in a directory for your tests, and add only s2Member and configure it. Then test again and see if you can reproduce the problem there. If you can’t, then add what you have in the main site, one by one, testing after each trying to reproduce the problem.

Also, did you remember to save your changes when you selected the Login Welcome Page? Make sure you clicked “save all” at the bottom after selecting it, please. Not likely the reason, but I’ve seen it come up some times, so I mention it just in case.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Oct 23rd, 2013 at 6:51 am #60551

Miranda, if you couldn’t find what you needed in the plugin’s documentation and searching the site didn’t return a result that helped you and other users in the community didn’t answer your question in the forum, because you have the Pro license, you can use the form here: s2Member® » Private Contact Form :)

Posted: Wednesday Oct 23rd, 2013 at 8:50 am #60555
miranda rota
Username: tara2

Cristian, thank you …I’m calming down now due to yours and others really helpful replies. I was freaking out the other night, feeling completely powerless …it’s a horrible feeling!

Posted: Wednesday Oct 23rd, 2013 at 8:51 am #60556

I can understand. I’m glad you’re calming down, that always helps. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.