latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Login Problem

Home Forums Community Forum Login Problem

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 12th, 2013 at 12:17 pm #41574

I have installed Pro version. We are not charging for our services. We really don’t need a membership options page but it looks like I have to have one. It does not look like I can set the membership options page to go to our home page. Only, other pages in our website. If this can be done let me know. When I do set the membership options page to a page in our website when people bring up our website it takes them to that page vs our home page. What do I need to adjust so this does not happen. The site is http://www.educationonlocation.org. Right now I have it selected to none so our home page will come up.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:28 pm #41640
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

That is correct, the Membership Options Page cannot be the Home Page of your site. It can be any other Page though. You can also setup a redirect if you like. So for instance, if s2Member® redirects someone to your Membership Options Page, you can redirect them again to your Home Page if you like.

See: s2 Knowledge Base » WP Redirects (A Plugin for WordPress®)

See also: Video » s2Member (Content Restriction Trouble?) This video discusses the issue, among other things.

Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 8:18 pm #41744

How would I set up a re-direct to the home page.

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 1:11 pm #41955
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Randy,

You can use the WP Redirects plugin Jason linked you to. Here it is again:
Knowledge Base » WP Redirects (A Plugin for WordPress®)

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 12:12 am #42780

Ok. I installed the plugin but I’m not sure what URL to type where. What do I need to set S2Member Options page to? Do I select a page in S2Member Options Page then enter something in the re-direct?

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 12:14 am #42781

What do I put in the redirection URL? I want the Membership Options page to redirect to our home page which is http://www.educationonlocation.org.

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 6:07 pm #42867
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Well, I’m pretty sure the membership options page can’t be set to the homepage.

So what you need to do is setup a membership options page (can be any page except your homepage and the login welcome page), and setup a redirection there.

However, I personally think it’s not a good idea to set up another redirection from the membership options page to another page. If you do that the user will be redirected 2 times every time he tries to access content he doesn’t have permission to access.

– Eduan

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.