latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Login Problems

Home Forums Community Forum Login Problems

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 17th, 2012 at 9:13 pm #11054
Bran
Username: brans2member

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 12:15 am #11064

Hello Bran,

It sounds like the user IS getting logged in but is being redirected to the previous page (the register page).

What is the code snippet in your functions.php?

Can you disable all of your plugins then clear your browser cache and see what happens

Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 8:58 am #11106
Bran

Hi Philly.

Well that’s the strange part – I’m seeing as though they are logged in, yet they cannot get to the Welcome Page.

The snippet is simply a redirect so that anyone who is not a super admin who tries to type in /wp-admin in the address bar will be redirected. Yes, I’ve commented out this code and that change anything.

I disabled all plugins and restarted my browser. The result is the same.

Any other ideas?

Bran

Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 6:34 pm #11163

Hi Bran.

It does sound like the person is not being logged in, since he’s being sent to the Membership Options page, the URL you posted has all the Membership Options Page variables. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)[/hilite]

And since you tried so many redirection things, there may be one left somewhere that is affecting the s2Member Login Welcome one.

Remove the customizations you added, try deactivating the other plugins and also change the theme to the default. Try logging in and see what happens. That should work properly, if it doesn’t then double check that you don’t have some hack/customization left in the theme or mu-plugins.

I hope that helps.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 7:50 pm #11170
Bran

Christian,

Only about 30 minutes ago did I figure this one out.

What it was was modifications to the Members plugin by Justin Tadlock.

For any s2member role (e.g., s2member_level3) I had unchecked any capability below that (access_s2member_level2, access_s2member_level1, and access_s2member_level0). Although I know that s2member roles are cumulative, I don’t want level3 having level1 access – they are discrete roles for my setup.

On a lark I checked them back off and voila – I was able to log in as the specified role.

Fortunately, in my code, I make use only of conditionals such as (current_user_is(“s2member_level3”)), so I don’t think I should be affected by having those capabilities checked.

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Bran

Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 8:03 pm #11172
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Bran! Thanks for the follow-up!

I’m glad you solved your problem, and thanks for sharing your solution. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.