latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Login Redirect

Home Forums Community Forum Login Redirect

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 22nd, 2013 at 4:47 pm #53827
Sam Laundon
Username: SmilePix

I am still evaluating before I purchase Pro.

I have a link to a protected page from another application (Photoshop). I would like to be able to have my user, if they are not already logged in, be redirected to the specific page after logging in that they clicked the link on in the Photoshop.

Example:
1. they click the link
2. log in
3. are redirected to the original link.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance – Sam

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 6:43 am #53855

You can write a customization for that. s2Member provides variables when redirecting to the Membership Options Page, some of which you can use for this. See: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)[/hilite]

Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 10:11 am #53882
Sam Laundon

Thank you, I knew there must be some way, just did not know where to look. I will try it out.

Sam

Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 4:20 pm #53897
Sam Laundon

Cristián – I have looked around and looked through some videos, so I now have a follow up question.

I am placing restricted tutorial videos on my WordPress site. People who click a link from Photoshop will be directed to the video link they clicked on. They are already paying members. I would like them to go directly to the video not the Membership Options Page. If they are not logged in, then to a login page and then be redirected to the video page.

Thanks for you help – Sam

Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 1:21 am #53932
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

They are already paying members. I would like them to go directly to the video not the Membership Options Page. If they are not logged in, then to a login page and then be redirected to the video page.

Try using Remote Authorization. See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Remote Auth/Podcasting

You can just add this to the end of your download links, and your Users will be prompted with a login form if they’re not already logged in:

&s2member_file_remote=yes
Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 8:22 am #53987
Sam Laundon

Thanks Bruce – I will give it a try.

Sam

Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 4:53 pm #54000
Sam Laundon

Thanks for the help, but it is no quite what I am looking for.

I want my member to access a protected page from a link in Photoshop. The video is not a download file, but to be viewed on the page.
1. they click the link in Photoship
2. they are taken to the linked page if they are logged in.
3. they are taken to a login page if they are not logged in and then redirected to the original linked page.

Thanks again – Sam

Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 8:20 am #54024

3. they are taken to a login page if they are not logged in and then redirected to the original linked page.

If they’re not logged in (so they don’t have access to the protected file), they’ll be redirected to the Membership Options Page. The redirection includes several variables in the URL, which you can use in that page. In the page you can add a login form using s2Member’s login widget. As part of the widget’s settings, you can include [hilite mono]login_redirect[/hilite] with the address of the page the user had tried to view, so he’ll be taken there after login.

See:
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Pro Login Widget (via PHP)[/hilite]

Or using JavaScript in the Membership Options Page, redirect the user to wp-login.php and include the [hilite mono]redirect_to[/hilite] variable in the URL, with the value of the protected page he was trying to open.

Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 10:36 am #54045
Sam Laundon

Looks like I am going to have to purchase the Pro version to get this to work smoothly which I am not ready to do yet.

Sam

Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 4:41 pm #54099
Bruce
Staff Member

Looks like I am going to have to purchase the Pro version to get this to work smoothly which I am not ready to do yet.

While using the Pro Login Widget would make this a lot easier, you can still use the Membership Options Page variables with the free version of the plugin. However, you’ll have to generate your own login form that uses these variables without s2Member Pro.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)

Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 4:53 pm #54101
Sam Laundon

Thanks Bruce – easier is better. I will be getting the pro version. Just have some things to take care before I do that. I wanted to see what was possible with s2Members.

Pass this along: Very impressed with the follow up on my questions. You can tell your boss that s2Members has a thumbs up from me.

Sam

Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 5:02 pm #54104
Bruce
Staff Member

Pass this along: Very impressed with the follow up on my questions. You can tell your boss that s2Members has a thumbs up from me.

Thanks for the kudos! I’m not sure how long you’ve been working with s2Member, but if you like it it would be awesome if you could rate us at WordPress.org. That helps us out a lot. :-)

See: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/s2member?rate=5#postform

Thanks and let us know if you need any more help with things. :-)

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.