latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Please Help, Thank You. -Pete

Home Forums Community Forum Please Help, Thank You. -Pete

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Peter Thompson 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Feb 11th, 2012 at 11:36 am #4814

Hello,

First off that you to any help I receive here. I have the latest version of s2member (free version) installed. I have configured the general option page correctly —>Login Welcome Page set to Login Welcome Page —> Membership Options Page goes to Membership Access Page. I have all my pages that I want restricted to level 1 access set in the Page Access Restriction section. I really don’t need any further customizations at this point. I will be adding a Level 2 Access in the near future, but for today, I only have Level 1 requirements. I have 65 pages restricted to level 1 by selecting “level 1” when making the pages. I can also see the pages restricted in the Page Access Restrictions area of the s2member Restrictions section.

The Problem:

I have created a new user (testing) and only filled in the general user information and no s2Member Configuration & Profile Fields. I set the the Role to s2member Level 1. When I try to login, it keeps sending me to the Membership Options Page. I am not using a login widget, I am using the normal login page. I did put a custom logo on that page and have the logo click redirecting to the membership options page, but I cannot see why that would effect the redirect for the Submit or Login button. I have deactivated and deleted the s2member plugin and re downloaded the plugin from the website to be sure I have the latest plugin and I reinstalled and activated the plugin. I kept all my original setting. I did watch the video regarding login redirect issues, but as I said, I am using the standard login page and do not see how that video would apply to my situation. I am very frustrated as you can imagine since I created 60+ pages for this and finally am ready to go live and now I am at a big road block. i am sure this is just a simple oversite on m part, but I just can’t seem to figure it out. Please help. Thanks.

-Pete

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Feb 11th, 2012 at 3:01 pm #4827

UPDATED INFO:

OK, I have been trying to log in thru either Chrome or Firefox for the test account. I logged out as the admin on my IE and tried to log in on IE theough the “test” user with access level 1 and the redirect sent me to the Login Welcome Page. So, it appears that the redirect is only giving issues with Chrome and Firefox. Any ideas? Also, my layout in Chrome and Firefox is off. Things that are supposed to be centered are left aligned (only in Chrome and Firefox). Don’t know if that is related, though I would mention it.

Posted: Saturday Feb 11th, 2012 at 5:25 pm #4833

UPDATE INFO:

Redirect problem resolved, but I am still having trouble with my layout of my pages in Chrome and Firefox. I know this has nothing to do with s2member now, but if any one would like to suggest what I coulfd try in order to get my site look the same on the threee main broswers, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

-Pete

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.