latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

login redirection problem when domain mapping

Home Forums Community Forum login redirection problem when domain mapping

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 1:27 am #23238

We just purchased S2Member Pro (unlimited license), to use on our WordPress Multisite network.

There seems to be a problem with S2Member Pro working with domain mapping.

1. We have a membership site, which is: http://goughmedia.com/bloggerscreed/

2. We have mapped BloggersCreed.com to it

The Problem: Whenever we set BloggersCreed.com to be the primary location in the domain mapping settings, and a member logins in it won’t redirect them to our Welcome page. When they first login it redirects them back to the sign up page ( http://goughmedia.com/bloggerscreed/become-a-member ), even they they have just logged in as a paying subscriber. They are still logged in, so they can click the menus and view protected pages. Naturally this will confuse customers who have just paid and then try to login and are taken to the payment page again.

If we switch the domain mapping off (back to GoughMedia.com/bloggerscreed) S2member then works fine and takes subscribers directly to the Welcome page, after logging in. As soon as we change domain mapping back to BloggersCreed.com, once again it will redirect subscribers to the sign up page, after logging in.

Switching domain mapping back and forth changes how S2Member works.

We need to be able to use domain mapping.

We have also found a second problem when domain mapping is switched on. When a customer signs up with PayPal, it gives them an error after payment is complete. It won’t let them fill out the WordPress login registration. If we turn domain mapping off, it fixes the problem.

Please advise how we can fix these problems. Thank you.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Ansel Gough.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 29th, 2012 at 7:16 am #23378

Hi Ansel.

The Problem: Whenever we set BloggersCreed.com to be the primary location in the domain mapping settings, and a member logins in it won’t redirect them to our Welcome page. When they first login it redirects them back to the sign up page

It may have to do with the WP session because the domain changes, and it may also cause trouble with the s2Member check for the domain for authentication on checkout. Knowledge Base » Logged in but am considered logged out

Do you have logging enabled? Could I see the entry for a transaction that had the registration problem? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 12:54 am #23528

Hi Cristián,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, we have a log for a transaction. How can we send it privately to you?

Two more questions:

1. Does S2Member Pro (unlimited license) work with domain mapping out of the box?

2. We also need to be able to add the PayPal button on another site. Can we add an offsite button? I read somewhere on this forum that you can. How do we do this?

Thank you.

Ansel

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Ansel Gough.
Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 8:21 am #23571

Yes, we have a log for a transaction. How can we send it privately to you?

Sure. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

1. Does S2Member Pro (unlimited license) work with domain mapping out of the box?

I don’t know. I have no experience with this, and there’s nothing that mentions it specifically in the documentation, that I remember.

2. We also need to be able to add the PayPal button on another site. Can we add an offsite button? I read somewhere on this forum that you can. How do we do this?

Yes, you’d have to create the button over at PayPal following these instructions to integrate it with s2Member: Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 8:21 am #23781

Thanks again for your comments.

Can you please check with the lead programmer if S2Member works (out of the box) with domain mapping, before we go any further? One of the main purposes of using multisite is to have different sites with different domain names. We need to know if S2Member works with domain mapping, as this is how we run all of our sites.

Thank you,
Ansel

Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 9:14 am #23786

Hello Ansel

We need to know if S2Member works with domain mapping

When I tested this I didn’t have any problems on the s2Member side of things, I did however have many problems with regards to the way WordPress functions, one of which I mention in this thread. Other problems I encountered included username selection restrictions, but more importantly the inability to create an account on site 1 and site 2 with the same email address, while this may be fine in some situations it certainly isn’t if your maintaing sites for different clients or sites that are not in any way related

Posted: Sunday Sep 2nd, 2012 at 2:38 am #23825

Thanks Philly for sharing your experience with it. :)

Posted: Sunday Sep 2nd, 2012 at 3:45 am #23838

Thanks Philly. I appreciate it.

Were you able to use different domain names, using domain mapping? We can activated domain mapping, but there are several problems with S2Member.

1. It will let someone pay, using PayPal, but it won’t let them register, as it says it’s an incorrect domain name. See notes above.

2. When domain mapping is on, it keeps redirecting people to the Member Options page to pay again.

Note to Cristián: Can you please confirm with one of the lead developers if S2Member works with domain mapping or not.

There isn’t much point us trying to problem solve this, if it simply doesn’t work.

Thanks,
Ansel

Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 5:47 am #23917

I’ve emailed Jason.

Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 9:31 am #23935

Thank you.

Sep 13th. We are still waiting and haven’t heard back. You guys are also not responding to emails I have sent.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Ansel Gough.
Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 2:30 am #25140
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

Yes. That is, I’m not aware of any issues related to compatibility between the domain mapping plugin and s2Member. However, I would like to clarify that s2Member is NOT intended (nor was it designed or advertised) to work with the domain mapping plugin for WordPress. We’ll be happy to assist in any way that we can, but domain mapping is not a feature that is built into WordPress, and it’s also NOT something that we advertise in our list of features for s2Member or with s2Member Pro.

See also: http://www.s2member.com/terms/#s2-terms-warranty

Yes, as Cristian mentioned in an earlier post, it is possible to use PayPal-generated buttons. Please see: http://www.s2member.com/kb/using-paypal-created-buttons/ In addition, it is also possible to output a PayPal Button with s2Member in URL format, suitable for use in external sites (if you prefer). Please see: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained) -> output="url" attribute

The Problem: Whenever we set BloggersCreed.com to be the primary location in the domain mapping settings, and a member logins in it won’t redirect them to our Welcome page. When they first login it redirects them back to the sign up page ( http://goughmedia.com/bloggerscreed/become-a-member ), even they they have just logged in as a paying subscriber. They are still logged in, so they can click the menus and view protected pages. Naturally this will confuse customers who have just paid and then try to login and are taken to the payment page again.

If we switch the domain mapping off (back to GoughMedia.com/bloggerscreed) S2member then works fine and takes subscribers directly to the Welcome page, after logging in. As soon as we change domain mapping back to BloggersCreed.com, once again it will redirect subscribers to the sign up page, after logging in.

Switching domain mapping back and forth changes how S2Member works.

I’ve seen this occur on sites where cookies are being set with the wrong domain, or all on a single domain. I would suggest that you consult the documentation on the domain mapping plugin that you’ve selected for WordPress, and I would also suggest this article in the WordPress Codex, related to the WordPress cookie constants, and how they afffect Multisite Network installations.

Please see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Set_Cookie_Domain

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.