latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

"Login Welcome Page" being ignored

Home Forums Community Forum "Login Welcome Page" being ignored

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Salvi Jansen 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 30th, 2012 at 3:38 pm #14968

I am currently only using one membership level, the zero (free) level. The “Login Welcome Page” seems to be completely ignored. Instead, on login, users are being sent to the standard wp-admin area. Is there a bug? Does this only work for paid levels for some reason?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 7:00 am #15035

Make sure your Login Welcome Page is still really set as the Login Welcome Page (in Gemeral Options).

Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 10:25 am #15047

It is. I also printed it out to a page using the shortcode. It is set, but not being used. No matter what, I always end up at wp-admin after logging in. I deactivated every plugin except s2member, and still end up in wp-admin after login. Does no one else have this issue?

Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 10:41 am #15049

Have you logged out before testing this? And are you testing this with another account than your own admin account?

I know it sounds obvious but sometimes one forgets the simplest things (me included!).

I also just use the non-paid level and it works for me.

Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 10:52 am #15050

Yup – Logged out – tried as a test user. Tried from Firefox (normally use Chrome). I always end up at wp-admin. If I deactivate s2members and use something like Peter’s Redirect plugin, then I DO get redirected on login as I expect. But with s2members, I don’t. So frustrating!

Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 11:00 am #15052

If you log in (as admin) and go to edit the Login Welcome Page, does the S2Member box (top right) tell you that it is your Welcome Login Page?

Posted: Wednesday Jun 6th, 2012 at 9:03 pm #15738

Hi there, I’m experiencing the exact same problem.
Could you find out whether you have any Warnings/Notices?

In the plugin search box: type “Debug Bar”. Install the plugin.
Go to the wp-config.php file in your WordPress folder and find:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Change false into true and save the file.

Now refresh your admin panel. You should have a red option called DEBUG in the top right corner. Click it and tell us which warnings/notices you are getting. I’m getting these errors. Are yours any similar? This way we might prove that this is a coding error. You can follow up on my topic here if you would be interested.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.