latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Login Welcome Page not always accessed

Home Forums Community Forum Login Welcome Page not always accessed

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 7th, 2013 at 2:00 am #53083
Andrew Lian
Username: mlapl1

Hello

I had a look at the FAQs but could not find an answer for my specific problem.

I have defined a login welcome page.

I would like my users to register BEFORE they pay their money. That will allow me to prevent them from paying twice for the same thing etc…

So… A new user registers and his/her level is automatically set to Subscriber (there is no s2Member Level 0).

After login, that new registered (and unpaid) user gets redirected to the default WP dashboard.

If the user gets upgraded to S2Member Level 1 (or above I guess – I have not tried it). Then he/she is redirected to the correct Login Welcome page.

I am obviously missing something – or maybe misunderstanding how the system works.

Thanks
Andrew

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:20 pm #53261
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Andrew,

So if I understood correctly, the problem you’re having is that a level 0 user gets redirected to the WP dashboard as if he was an admin/editor user?

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:46 pm #53268
Andrew Lian

Actually, I think it is the profile part of the dashboard… *their* profile – which I want to hide. They are denied access to admin functions.

My point is that they get to see something that I don’ t want them to see (and no one else sees). I would prefer it if they simply saw the homepage or whatever. I have tried various redirection plugins, but to no avail. I may try a “user front end” plugin.

Thanks for any further help.

Andrew

Posted: Friday Jul 12th, 2013 at 10:36 am #53352
Eduan

OK what happens if you only have s2Member installed and you set up a login welcome page (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page).

Without fail they should be redirected there unless some other plugin/hack is doing something else.

If there’s anything on the login welcome page you don’t want the users to see you can just edit the page to not show whatever you don’t want the users to see. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Jul 12th, 2013 at 4:38 pm #53363
Andrew Lian

Thanks Eduan. I wonder if I do have something else going on… Good point…

Andrew

Posted: Saturday Jul 13th, 2013 at 3:37 pm #53406
Eduan

Looking forward to the results. :)

Posted: Monday Jul 15th, 2013 at 8:51 am #53462
Andrew Lian

I think (blush…) that I had not specified a Login Welcome Page…

Posted: Tuesday Jul 16th, 2013 at 2:53 pm #53526
Eduan

Ah no worries, happens to the best of us. :)

Glad you found the problem though. ;)

– Eduan

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.