latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Login Welcome Page Redirect

Home Forums Community Forum Login Welcome Page Redirect

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 11:09 pm #24594

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 9:58 am #24639
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Michael,

So if I understood correctly, you want each level to have like it’s own membership options page or login welcome page, correct?

If so, you might be interested in using s2Member’s conditionals: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Conditionals

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 10:36 am #24642

Hi Eduan,

Thank you for your reply. I think I understand this a bit (maybe) :-)

For a simplistic example:

I have content at 2 different levels. Some people buy level 1 some people buy level 2, some people buy both. I want level 1 people to see only level 1 content. And I want level 2 people to only see level 2 content. And some people can see both.

I am trying to figure out the simplest way for this to happen. Part of it is that I do not know what it is I do not know. What I was thinknig was the most elegant solution was that as the members logged in, they would be automatically redirected to a custom login screen where they could access their purchases.

This might not be the easiest way to do accomplish what I want to do. What I was wondering is if there was somethign I could red or view that would go through this process step by step. Like which shortcodes to use (if any) where to put them and what the flow of events would be.

Thank you again for your help.

Sincerely

Michael

Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 10:42 am #24644
Eduan

Hello Michael,

Well it’s really very simple, here’s the shortcode for the level 1 content:

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level1)]
Content only for level 1 users.
[/s2If]

Here’s the shortcode for the level 2 content:

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level2)]
Content only for level 2 users.
[/s2If]

And this would be the content that both can access:

[s2If current_user_can(s2member_level1)]
Content for anybody who can access level 1, this includes levels 1 to 4.
So this would be content for level 1 users.
[/s2If]

Does this make it clearer on what you would do to accomplish what you need?

Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 12:01 pm #24646

Hi Eduan,

Thank you again for your reply. I am trying to understand the flow of things here. I think I see a little glimmer of understanding, but I am not sure just yet.

I am using pages as the restriction option right now.

1. I set up my pages and mark each as belonging to level 1 or level 2
2. I set up “menu” pages with a list of which pages belong to level 1 and level2 and one which contains the menu for both level 1 and level 2
3. I create a login welcome page. And I put all the shortcodes you have provided in the html of the login welcome page.
4. Will this result in my members being redirected to the appropriate menu page?

Michael

Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 12:07 pm #24647
Eduan

Hello Michael, no this will not redirect, this will only separate content.

What I suggest you do is put those menu pages inside the shortcodes, not in a different page, in the login welcome page inside the shortcodes.

Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 1:39 pm #24651

Hi Eduan,

So these shortcodes would go into the html code of the appropriate pages. Instead of me setting page level restrictions in the restrictions dashboard, I would add a shortcode to each individual page.

Is there a way to set up redirects by membership level, like in the example given about the buddy press profile?

I guess what I am trying to avoid is a single login welcome page that says click this button for level 1 and click that button for level 2. I thought it would a cool and lcassier approach to have the member login and they got redirected to their menu page.

What I have is video courses. Level 1 is the starter level with 1 video, level two has three videos and the top level has 10 videos. But people can buy each separate from the other.

So that a person who buys the top level could get the lower levels and the content would not be the same.

What I would like is for a person who bought the starter level to upgrade and then those videos could available to him/her just be changing their membership level. I think I would need the Pro version to have this many levels. And I guess what I am really looking for is not so much levels of membership but separate products that could get added into a person’ membership as they upgraded. Without the person who bought the top level to start with being able to access the lower levels as a result of the restriction options.

DO you think this is even possible in S2member – either version?

Michael

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Michael Shook.
Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 2:26 pm #24657
Eduan

Yes this is possible with s2Member.

But it would require integration with custom capabilities (ccaps for short), and lots of conditionals.

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 7:47 pm #24788

Thank you again Eduan. :-)

Because of your help I have been able to figure out exactly what to do and even better it works. :-)

Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 8:25 pm #24797
Eduan

Excellent! Glad you found a solution! And glad I was able to help. :)

Posted: Tuesday Feb 5th, 2013 at 2:03 pm #40867
Bhati Jay
Username: jayb

Hello;

I just installed s2member and trying to understand this login redirection.

First of all:
1. My WP version is 3.5.1
2. s2member V. 130203
3. I’m using Permalink setting

I’m trying to use redirect url for login welcome page based on instructions (user level) here.

In config. section “login welcome page” i put the link as: http://www.mysitenamehere.com/%%current_user_level%%-account-page/
(mysitenamehere = actual site add.)
I created a test page and named it: 1-account-page
I also created a dummy user acct with level one.

Now, when I log-in, re-direction don’t work. It just stays on the current page..

What am I not doing right? Can someone please help?

Thanks
BJ

Posted: Tuesday Feb 5th, 2013 at 3:43 pm #40868
Bhati Jay

I found the answer I was looking for at this video:

Problem was in mycase, was i had a trailing ‘/’ at the end of my url

Posted: Wednesday Feb 6th, 2013 at 11:16 pm #40980
Eduan

Glad you were able to solve your problem Bhati. :)

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 8:48 am #41027
Bhati Jay

Thanks, Eduan.

Posted: Friday Feb 8th, 2013 at 9:56 pm #41239
Eduan

No problem. :)

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.