latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Login Welcome Page to redirect to login

Home Forums Community Forum Login Welcome Page to redirect to login

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 25th, 2013 at 6:11 am #59843

Our user’s Login Welcome Page has lots of really important information on it so we want to have it very easily accessed. I want to set it up so that if the user goes to their Login Welcome Page link directly from a link/bookmark, but aren’t logged in, then they are redirected to the login page (and then subsequently redirected to the Login Welcome Page after that as normal).

Currently if a user tries to access their Login Welcome Page whilst logged out they are redirected to the Subscription Options Page – which I understand is normal expected behaviour, but not ideal for our situation.

Any ideas would be most welcome :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 25th, 2013 at 6:16 am #59845

I understand. Well, you could have, at the top of the Subscriptions page (I assume this is your Membership Options Page), a message telling the visitor that if he’s a registered user, he can login and give a link to the login page.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 25th, 2013 at 6:48 am #59852

I was trying to avoid that approach as it just adds another click for regular users (and adds clutter for new subscribers).

Most of our users will be on mobile devices which does make it more annoying to keep clicking through excess pages. I’m also concerned about current subscribers getting regularly redirected to the subscribe page that’s encouraging people to pay us money – I think it just looks a bit pushy and greedy on our behalf.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 25th, 2013 at 7:05 am #59855

I know what you mean. The thing is that if the user is not logged in, s2Member doesn’t know if he has an account already or not, so it has to treat him as he would another visitor. :/

If the user is a regular and he doesn’t like having to login often, he can just tick the option to remain logged in when he logs in, then he won’t need to do it often.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 25th, 2013 at 7:22 am #59863

Thanks for the prompt response anyway :)

We primarily want to create a link to the Login Welcome Page from our web app, so I’m thinking that I’ll try to create a php page that we can link to – an intermediate page to figure out if the user is logged in or not and redirect them to the appropriate place. Hopefully that works!

Posted: Wednesday Sep 25th, 2013 at 7:35 am #59867

Yeah, it sounds like that would work. Or you could check the user’s status from the app, maybe. Perhaps you can create an API where you load your site with a secret key in the URL, and have a must-use plugin using the wp_loaded hook, and check if the person is logged in or not and return true/false based on it.

Knowledge Base » Hacking s2Member® Via Hooks/Filters
Knowledge Base » Remote User Status (Custom API)
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/is_user_logged_in

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Sep 25th, 2013 at 8:47 am #59872

Hi Cristián,
I want to create a drop-down for multilevel membership in my registration page.I have 3 level of membership , all are free.i want to show the drop-down of membership.Is there any way after registration user can not login until admin activated/approved the account?

Posted: Thursday Sep 26th, 2013 at 8:22 am #59908

You may find this article useful for account approval: Knowledge Base » Free user review/approval process.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.