latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Login Widget Not Redirecting to Previous Page

Home Forums Community Forum Login Widget Not Redirecting to Previous Page

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 2:50 pm #48808

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 8:58 am #48895

I have a seperate login page where I put the following code:

$ops = array(‘title’ => ”, ‘login_redirect’ => “%%previous%%”, ‘profile_title’=>”, ‘display_gravatar’=>’0′, ‘display_name’=>’1′, ‘my_account_url’=>”, ‘my_profile_url’=>”);

echo s2member_pro_login_widget($ops);

I do get logged in, however…

When I’m on a page the required user access and I send them to a login form and they login, the redirect does not take them back to the original place they started.

Here’s a live example

http://hornsillustrated.com/index.php/2013/04/04/a-deeper-look-at-texas-baseballs-minnesota-road-trip/

At the bottom of the article, there is a link for login. Please use that one.

The login at the top of the page works perfectly.

you can use the credentials adsguest/ads1234

Any help would be awesome…thank you.

Cordially,

Terry

Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 11:34 pm #48982
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

s2Member Pro’s Login Widget, with %%previous%% being passed to it, redirects the User back to the page that either:

1) they were redirected from, to the Membership Options Page, using the Membership Options Page Variables

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)

or 2) The page the login widget is on.

It appears to be working correctly to me in my tests.

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 7:52 pm #49068

Bruce,

No no…

If I’m sitting on this page: http://hornsillustrated.com/index.php/2013/04/04/a-deeper-look-at-texas-baseballs-minnesota-road-trip/

and I click on the Login link (see bottom of the post) I go to the login page. The previous page should be where it came from which in this case is http://hornsillustrated.com/index.php/2013/04/04/a-deeper-look-at-texas-baseballs-minnesota-road-trip/

So when I login should it take me back to that page?

I’m not following you on this.

Now, the login widget is on the login page…agreed.

So, here’s the 1,000,000 dollar question. Specifically, how could I implement the EXACT login that S2Member has where you click on login and a dropbox appears and you login. This is excellent campared to my 1990 style I have now.

Cordially,
Terry

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 6:22 pm #49150
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

and I click on the Login link (see bottom of the post) I go to the login page. The previous page should be where it came from which in this case is http://hornsillustrated.com/index.php/2013/04/04/a-deeper-look-at-texas-baseballs-minnesota-road-trip/

So when I login should it take me back to that page?

The login widget just doesn’t work that way. It will only redirect to the page that it’s on. If it did something different you’d run into people trying to log in with a widget on a page that they were redirected from like Google. If you want to have Users go back to this page, you have to put the login widget there.

So, here’s the 1,000,000 dollar question. Specifically, how could I implement the EXACT login that S2Member has where you click on login and a dropbox appears and you login. This is excellent campared to my 1990 style I have now.

Jason wrote an article on adding the dropdown login box in a Knowledge Base Article awhile back. You’ll have to edit this to work with your theme.

See: Knowledge Base » Login Box Like s2Member.com?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.