latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Login/Password Issues with E-Mail – How to?

Home Forums Community Forum Login/Password Issues with E-Mail – How to?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  León 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 1:24 pm #44726

Hello,

OK here is the function that I am looking for.

– A member registers, but I need to approve them before the login/password is sent to them.

– An initial e-mail is sent thanking them for their registration and tells them they will be approved within 24 hours (This works fine as I just customized through s2 member).

– I tried a plugin called ‘wp approve’ which works great. Only problem is that when I ‘approve’ them through the dashboard, the username is displayed in the e-mail but I can’t get the PASSWORD to display. I tried using “%%user_pass%%” but I think since because it is sending through wordpress and not s2 member, that function doesn’t work.

Basically I need a solution so that after I approve the member, the username and password is sent to them.

Please help!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 2:03 pm #44735
León
Username: Jaleo

Hello Paul,

I’m pretty sure the password isn’t being displayed on the second e-mail because it’s already encrypted. WordPress can only “see” the password right after the user submits the registration form, that’s the only point where the password’s still not encrypted.

The simplest way I can recommend to have an approval system is:

– Protect the content they would have access to after being “approved” at level 1.

– When they submit a registration form, they’ll get the normal e-mail after their registration. WP Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Email Configuration -> New User

– If you then decide to approve them, you upgrade their account to level 1 so they get access to the content.

Hope that helps!
-Leon

Posted: Monday Mar 18th, 2013 at 10:56 am #45043

Leon,

Thank you for the reply.

But HOW would they end up getting their password?

Posted: Monday Mar 18th, 2013 at 11:33 am #45044
León
Username: Jaleo

Hi Paul,

On the first email sent as soon as they make an account, the one where the password is still not encrypted. WP Admin -> s2member -> General Options -> Email Configuration -> New User

The default welcome message is:

Your Username/Password for:
My Site

Username: %%user_login%%
Password: %%user_pass%%
%%wp_login_url%%

After that, you can customize it but if you want the password to be sent in an email, I’m pretty sure it needs to be on the very first one, the New User one.

Hope that helps.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.