latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Login's "back to Homepage" link to non-SLL

Home Forums Community Forum Login's "back to Homepage" link to non-SLL

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Dec 22nd, 2012 at 8:00 pm #35379
TJ
Username: wellwater

This is more of a minor revision requestion. I have my login/logout pages using HTTPS. The logo links to the homepage with a non-ssl link (http, which is what I wand, but the bottom “Back to HOMEPAGE” link points to the SSL link (https).

As this logic seems hardcoded into s2member, could the next version be reworked to have both the logo and bottom text link lead to the same non-SSL link?

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Dec 23rd, 2012 at 3:11 am #35407
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi TJ,

This is something that s2Member does as a way to make browsers such as Internet Explorer not throw errors saying that the page is not secure. You might want to check out your theme’s code and see if there’s a difference in how the theme is requesting the site’s homepage. You can try changing this within your theme if you’d like it to be that way.

Posted: Sunday Dec 23rd, 2012 at 3:15 am #35409
TJ
Username: wellwater

Hi Bruce,

There appears to be an inconsistency with how s2member’s login screen handles it. The logo image is linked to the homepage using a non-ssl link, while the bottom “Back to homepage” link (on the same page) is using a non-ssl link.

It’s not a huge deal–just a minor inconsistency.

Posted: Sunday Dec 23rd, 2012 at 3:20 am #35410
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi TJ,

I will put in a request to have this modified if possible. However I believe that the issue probably has something to do with the way that your theme is creating each of these links. I will ask Jason if he can shed some light on to what might be causing this.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.