latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Looking at S2 for a business site

Home Forums Community Forum Looking at S2 for a business site

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 6:59 am #17519
Jason Correia
Username: JasonC

Hi, I’m working on a traditional business site that wants to have some content available to only clients and staff. This would be non-client specific information, just useful content for them to reference. All memberships would be free.

So far I’ve been trying WPMU’s Membership and found it to be overly complicated in areas where I don’t need it to be and lacking customization where I’d like it to be. For example, there doesn’t seem to be a way to set a landing page for a user who logs in, instead they get the subscriber version of WP’s backend. This would not be acceptable for a client experience.

Does S2 have a way to direct a user to a specific landing page after they log in depending on their profile?

Does S2 have the ability to hide or disable access to WP’s backside? Is this hard to do?

Does S2 have the ability to create invite codes so only invited clients can join rather than being open to the public?

I think that about covers it. I’m hoping S2 may be simple enough that it can be administered by another one of their staff with not too much training. Their needs are simple so the solution needs to be the right fit. Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:31 pm #17560
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jason,

I believe this is not possible with s2Member for now.

But what you can do is in the login welcome page use conditionals in order to show different content depending on the level and what access the user has.

You can find them under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.