latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Looking for a plugin to search only members

Home Forums Community Forum Looking for a plugin to search only members

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Timothy Soulier 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 5th, 2013 at 12:38 am #53025

Here’s my Question. I am an S2member Pro user, Is there a plugin that will do the following:

#1 My site is designed in 2 folds. Level one membership, where people create a profile

#2 Level @ membership Business’ search the profile fields to find employees.

I have searched everywhere and can’t seem to find anything that works the way I want. I found a couple that will search my site (Blogs, Post) but nothing that will allow me to search my members profiles.

I installed Buddy Press because I thought this might fix my problem but it only created more problems. I tried the buddy press search plugin”BP Profile Search” but it doesn’t recognize the custom fields I have created in the profiles and it doesn’t have any way to add additional search boxes.

Anyone know of a good plugin I can use to do this. This is exactly what I am looking for

#1 Plugin that allows Level 2 members to search members database

#2 Plugin most be customizable so they can do an advanced search for what I specify. (City, State, Zip)

#3 Want to be able to pick how results show up.

If anyone has an idea I would greatly appreciate the help. It doesn’t have to be free I will pay for it.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jul 8th, 2013 at 6:29 am #53110
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry.

And thanks for your patience over the weekend.

I have searched everywhere and can’t seem to find anything that works the way I want. I found a couple that will search my site (Blogs, Post) but nothing that will allow me to search my members profiles.

If you’re looking to allow your Users to search your User database based on s2Member’s Registration/Profile Fields, I’m afraid you’re not going to be able to find anything like that unless it is geared specifically toward s2Member.

The reason for this is that s2Member stores Registration/Profile Fields into a big list in one database entry. That means that if someone tries to order the list by just gathering data directly from the database (like any normal plugin would), it would not allow for s2Member’s fields to be a part of that.

I installed Buddy Press because I thought this might fix my problem but it only created more problems. I tried the buddy press search plugin”BP Profile Search” but it doesn’t recognize the custom fields I have created in the profiles and it doesn’t have any way to add additional search boxes.

BuddyPress does a similar thing with Profile Fields, and the BP Profile Search is a plugin that handles BuddyPress’s Profile Fields the way s2Member’s would need to be handled in your case. If you really want to simplify things, you could use BuddyPress’s Profile Field system instead of s2Member’s, and use this plugin to accomplish what you want.

Otherwise, you’ll have to have a developer set up a similar plugin for s2Member’s Custom Fields. I’m not aware of any that exist now. Sorry about that.

Posted: Monday Jul 8th, 2013 at 5:13 pm #53128

Thanks for the help bruce I figured out a way to do it. I added bb press, buddypress and amr user pro all together. I used Buddy press to turn the s2member profile fields into individual fields. (It does this on its own). I turned off all the pages Buddy press asks for. Activity Streams, User Groups, Activate, Register, set all these to none. I then created a search page with amr user pro. Amr pulls the profile fields in. Here’s the short version.

s2member profile —-> to Buddy Press profile —-> to bbpress profile —-> AMR Pro has settings to pull bbpress profile with are actually buddypress profile with is actually s2member profile.

Sounds confusing even to me when I read it but it works. no errors so far and everything is working great.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.