latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Mail delivery failed

Home Forums Community Forum Mail delivery failed

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 5:36 pm #26744

Hi!

I have a little problem since yesterday.

One of the 3 new user emails come back as ” Mail delivery failed ” and of course, it it the most important one as it is the one giving them their password.

All the other one arrives but not that one, I receive a Mail delivery failed each time instead :/

Can you help me ?

Thank you,

Sarah

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 7:21 am #26819

Hi Sarah.

When you say “the other emails”, which do you mean?

The New User email, the one that includes the password of the account just created, can be edited here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration -> New User[/hilite]

I’m not sure why that one can’t be delivered while the others can. Is it being sent to exactly the same address the others are?

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 10:40 am #26846

Thank you Cristian for your answer.

Yes, only the new user email is concerned , so I really don’t understand why this one is coming back and not the others ( the one that we configure in Paypal Option for instance or the one that I receive telling me I have a new user ( the administrative one ).
For now, I changed my configuration and my new user choose their password so it is less important but still, I would like to understand in case it happens another time. :/

Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 7:18 am #26931

Of course it’s important. I’ll help you try to solve it, although I don’t know what the cause is yet…

I don’t know if it’ll help, but could you install the Email Log plugin and register a new account? I’d like to see what it logs about that email. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/email-log/

And when you get the email bounced, could you copy that email, paste it in a txt file and send it to me so I take a look at it? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

When you said the “the one that I receive telling me I have a new user ( the administrative one )”, do you mean the one here [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration -> Administrative: New User Notification[/hilite]?

By the way, are you customizing the New User email then? Have you tried what happens if you use the default WP email for it? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration -> New User Email Configuration[/hilite]

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.