latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Mailchimp and custom capabilities

Home Forums Community Forum Mailchimp and custom capabilities

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 16th, 2013 at 12:48 pm #44932

Hi

I have set up my membersite using custom capabilities.

However, I only see that a different mailchimp e-mail list can be linked to membership levels not custom capabilities.

Question

Has the functionality to link using custom capabilities been added (I found this article where it was mentioned in July 2012 http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/mailchimp-lists-and-custom-capabilities/)?

If not, is there an easy way to achieve this or, a straight forward guide?

Thanks

Simon

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 1:17 am #45136
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Has the functionality to link using custom capabilities been added (I found this article where it was mentioned in July 2012 http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/mailchimp-lists-and-custom-capabilities/)?

No, unfortunately we have not yet added this functionality to s2Member yet. I will send another request in to our development team to see if it’s possible for the future.

In the meantime, the easiest way I could see of accomplishing this would be to set up an API Notifications handler, and handle the back-and-forth with MailChimp manually with your API Notifications handler. This will take quite a bit of custom code to accomplish, however.

See: Knowledge Base » Building An API Notification Handler

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.