latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Major Problems

Home Forums Community Forum Major Problems

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  JD Duran 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Dec 11th, 2012 at 8:53 am #34248
JD Duran
Username: jdduran30

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Dec 11th, 2012 at 9:21 am #34256
JD Duran

Also, if we have all of our posts and content protected, which is what we want until people sign up, is there a way for us to have free posts to the general public so anyone can see it whether they are a member or not?

I understand that we can go into every individual post and give that post a restriction level, but we have thousands of posts, which is why we labled “all” on our posts restrictions..but we’ll still want some free ones from time to time.

Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Dec 11th, 2012 at 12:59 pm #34274
JD Duran

Can I please get someone to help me???

I’m sorry I’m not trying to be impatient but we are losing money on this and from what I know everything is set up right.

If someone could please help me, I’d really appreciate it! Thanks!!!!

Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 8:20 am #34344

Hi JD.

I understand that we can go into every individual post and give that post a restriction level, but we have thousands of posts, which is why we labled “all” on our posts restrictions..but we’ll still want some free ones from time to time.

Well, instead of the Posts restriction, you could probably use the Tags one. Tag all the posts with a tag you’ll restrict, and remove the tag from the posts you want unrestricted. You can tag in bulk selecting all the posts and selecting “edit” from the dropdown menu.

1) Our yearly Paypal form is set up but when people sign up, our receipt says that payment doesn’t start till Dec. of 2013??

It sounds like you have a trial term. Could you show me the shortcode you’re using? Can I see a screenshot of the receipt?

2) We’ve had TONS of emails saying that when they sign up they still don’t have access to our content! And that’s a huge problem and we’re losing customers like crazy right now because of it!

Please make sure you have logging enabled and show me the log entries from all the log files, related to one of these transactions, please. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

Or send me the site’s info so I can take a look at the logs via FTP directly, including what transactions I should look at in them. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

3) Some people go to sign up and it says that there email is “already in use” when that’s impossible as we just installed this on Sunday. If they registered on our site before we installed s2member, does that mean they have to use a new email?

If the user already has an account, then he should be logged in when he loads the page where the shortcode for the pro-form/button is, so the transaction gets tied to his account and he gets upgraded. If he’s logged out, then s2Member will assume the payment is towards a new account for the user to register.

If someone could please help me, I’d really appreciate it! Thanks!!!!

I had just gone offline when you started this thread yesterday, and I’m just seeing it now. Sorry I didn’t get to it sooner. Please give me the info I requested above, I’ll try to get back online again today.

Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 8:59 am #34353
JD Duran

Hey Christian,

Thanks for responding and sorry for being impatient. My client is just getting a little frustrated.

posts) Alright thanks!

1) I know for sure that I didn’t set up a trial term. Not with this one anyway. Here is the shortcode however:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="3" ccaps="" desc="$69.99 USD / Yearly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.bleedbluekentucky.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="69.99" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

Also I took out the credit card options in the shortcode, cuz we only wanted PayPal. Is that the best way to do that?

And how do I attach an image? I don’t see a place to do that?

2) I enabled logging and I filled out the privacy content form.

3) Ok that makes sense. If the person is logged out though, it’ll take them to the registration form first though before the payment form page correct? And then they can login before paying? Am I understanding that right?

Thanks again man!!!

Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 9:05 am #34357
JD Duran

Christian,

I tried to view the member-logs on the FTP just out of curiousity. And the only thing under that folder is the .htaccess file. Not sure if that’s the only thing thats supposed to be there. And when I tried to view it, this is the only thing that came up:

“deny from all”

And I couldn’t see anything?

Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 10:58 am #34379

Thanks for responding and sorry for being impatient. My client is just getting a little frustrated.

No problem, I perfectly understand that.

1) I know for sure that I didn’t set up a trial term. Not with this one anyway. Here is the shortcode however:
[[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="3" ccaps="" desc="$69.99 USD / Yearly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.bleedbluekentucky.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="69.99" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]]

Also I took out the credit card options in the shortcode, cuz we only wanted PayPal. Is that the best way to do that?

And how do I attach an image? I don’t see a place to do that?

Thanks for the shortcode. Right, it doesn’t give a trial term. Yes, that’s how you enable PayPal Express checkout as the only way to pay, instead of on-site.

There isn’t image attachment here, you’d upload it to your site and post here the link to it.

2) I enabled logging and I filled out the privacy content form.

Thanks.

3) Ok that makes sense. If the person is logged out though, it’ll take them to the registration form first though before the payment form page correct? And then they can login before paying? Am I understanding that right?

If the person is logged out, the pro-form will still be shown to the person, unless you protected it with a conditional or in a page that requires the person to login. At the very least, you should ask the person to login first if he already has an account and then come back to the pro-form.

I tried to view the member-logs on the FTP just out of curiousity. And the only thing under that folder is the .htaccess file. Not sure if that’s the only thing thats supposed to be there. And when I tried to view it, this is the only thing that came up:

“deny from all”

Right, the .htaccess file has a rule that prevents people from browsing that folder, but you can access it via FTP. If there are no log files, then it’s because nothing to log happened since you enabled logging, which you just did. Run a test transaction to reproduce the problem and you’ll find the log files in the s2member-logs folder.

Thanks again man!!!

No problem! :)

Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 11:13 am #34383
JD Duran

Hey Christian,

Here’s the link to the receipt –> http://www.bleedbluekentucky.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Yearly.jpg

Will the people that signed up have to sign up again in order for it to be logged?

Cuz that money has already been established? So I’m not sure if we can do that?

How can we fix this? People are starting to go a little crazy on me so I need to get this fixed asap!

Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 11:39 am #34387
JD Duran

Also, just to test it, I erased all of our restrictions and just restricted the articles on our main slider. And when I look at the posts it does say that it requires an level #1 to access it.

However when I logout as a non-user, I can still see the content.

Thanks for your help again!

Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 11:47 am #34388
JD Duran

Nevermind…I think it’s working now!

I hope!

Thanks again!

Posted: Thursday Dec 13th, 2012 at 11:30 am #34475
JD Duran

Hey Christian,

We still are having problems with the yearly receipt thing. That’s still a big issue we need help on. Thanks!

JD

Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 7:36 am #34646

Will the people that signed up have to sign up again in order for it to be logged?

Cuz that money has already been established? So I’m not sure if we can do that?

How can we fix this?

Well, if the user paid you and you want to tie that subscription to the account he already had, you can edit his profile, add “paypal” as the payment gateway and enter his subscr. ID in the field for it. Leave the EOT field empty, it’ll be populated by s2Member when PayPal notifies it about the subscription’s end.

We still are having problems with the yearly receipt thing.

I see in the PayPal email you took the screenshot of, that it says Dec 2013… weird. Did you do the test purchase with logging enabled so we get log entries to review? Please post those here x’ing out any private info. Thanks!

Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 9:31 am #34657
JD Duran

Ok thanks Christian! Appreciate it!

I’ll be sure to test it again, we haven’t yet. I’ll post a screenshot once we do that again. Thanks!

JD

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.