latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Making Level 2 = Author?

Home Forums Community Forum Making Level 2 = Author?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike McCallister 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 22nd, 2012 at 4:14 pm #19946

Hi folks,
New user of s2Member. My client is using s2Member with another plugin (WP Document Revisions) that, among other things, allows users to upload binary documents (Word files, spreadsheets, PDFs, etc.) for further review. Document Revisions creates a new post type “document” and when a user wants to upload a document, they get access to the site’s admin page, where they “create” a post of the “document” type.

So here’s the problem: We want to restrict uploads to s2Member Level 2. We’ve set the site up so that you click a link on the public site to upload docs that takes you to the admin page. I’ve set up Post Level Access restrictions (Level 2 and above) like this:

blog,all-document

Unfortunately, no matter what s2Member level I have a user set at, once the user selects a file to upload, WordPress reports that they don’t have permission to do this!

Uploads go smoothly when the user is assigned the Author role, so it seems the easy way out here is to persuade WordPress that s2Member Level 2 is really Author. I’m not sure where or how I’d do that, though. Suggestions and counterproposals much appreciated!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 8:58 am #20066
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Mike,

This is not possible with s2Member by default, but it is possible, with a price.

So, what you would do is modify the s2Member level role(s) with this plugin. Give the level(s) the author role.

Now, the only problem with this is, I don’t think you’ll receive a lot of support from the support reps, seeing how this is a customization, also, I believe there are some problems with WordPress showing which users are authors and stuff.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 9:14 am #20072

Thanks, Eduan. Sounds like the right plugin; I will try that and report back.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 9:58 pm #20132
Eduan
Username: Eduan

You’re welcome Mike, tell me how it goes. :)

Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 2:26 pm #20223

Eduan, User Role Editor worked beautifully, and the problem is solved. Thanks for the pointer!

One related note: When you install the URE plugin, the settings dialog (in a subtle pitch) identifies recent donors. On the list (yesterday, anyway) was WebSharks, Inc. (linking right back here to s2Member.com).

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.