latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Making sure I set it up correctly

Home Forums Community Forum Making sure I set it up correctly

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Andy C 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 6:56 pm #37969
Andy C
Username: andy

Hi,

I just bought S2Member, and am in the process of setting it up. I’ve gone through most of the tutorials, but would appreciate it if I could check to see that I was setting it all up correctly.

What I would like to happen on my site:

I want to offer a 1 week free trial at Level 1, which basically has full access. If they don’t buy, then they get bumped down to Level 0, which has restricted access (but still lets them keep an “account” with me so they don’t have to remake an account should they decide to eventually purchase). If they do buy within that week, then they get bumped up to my Level 2, which is the paid subscriber level.

The way I did this through the pro form Free Registration Form. So my questions are:

— The upgrading and downgrading are automatic, right? I don’t need to worry about this.
— I don’t have Paypal Pro. But I am still able to use this Free Registration Form, right?
— But because I don’t have Paypal Pro, I can’t use the other Pro Forms. I instead need to generate a Paypal button in order for people to purchase my Level 2 subscription.

http://www.feedbackcollective.com/pricing-and-signup/

Thanks!

Andrea

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jan 18th, 2013 at 11:35 am #38037
Andy C

bumping this thread….

Thanks!

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 2:22 pm #38447
Staff Member

– The upgrading and downgrading are automatic, right? I don’t need to worry about this.

Yes, that is correct. If you’ve implemented a Free Registration Form that provides access for X number of days/week/months/years, then a demotion would occur automatically. This is accomplished with the tp="" and tt="" attributes in your Free Registration Pro Forms.

Example: tp="1" tt="W" would provide 1 week free. After the 1 week, they’ll lose access automatically, unless they’ve upgraded during that time. See also: Video » s2Member (Free Registration On Multiple Levels?)

See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

– I don’t have Paypal Pro. But I am still able to use this Free Registration Form, right?

Yes, that is correct.

– But because I don’t have Paypal Pro, I can’t use the other Pro Forms. I instead need to generate a Paypal button in order for people to purchase my Level 2 subscription.

Correct. Actually, you can use Pro Forms even without having a PayPal Pro account.
See: Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 8:40 pm #38537
Andy C

Thank you!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.