latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Manually added users cannot access resources

Home Forums Community Forum Manually added users cannot access resources

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 3:23 am #22180

I’ve been enjoying working with S2member and have found it to be a very clever solution which is well supported.

However, I’ve run into a snag which I can’t work out. After making some changes to the Membership Levels / Labels section in the S2member settings, any manually added user (new and old) gets redirected to the Membership Options page upon login instead of the Login Welcome page. If logged in as admin or a Level 0 user, it works correctly. But all others are unable to see the resources for their membership level.

Please help!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 8:02 am #22211

Hi Shaun.

After making some changes to the Membership Levels / Labels section in the S2member settings

What changes do you mean exactly? The labels for the levels?

What role are you giving the users you created manually and aren’t getting the proper access to the content?

I’ve been enjoying working with S2member and have found it to be a very clever solution which is well supported.

Thanks for the kudos! :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 8:45 am #22222

What changes do you mean exactly? The labels for the levels?

I had originally set the labels for the levels as:

Free Members (level 0)
Part A Candidates (level 1)
Part C Examination Videos (level 2)
Part C Procedure Videos (level 3)
Part C Communication Videos (level 4)

On further ready of the Custom Capabilities feature I’ve decided to make all the Part C videos Level 2 and separate them with Custom Capability keywords. Since I made the following changes to the membership level labels:

Free Members (level 0)
Part A Candiates (level 1)
Part C Videos (level 2)
Level 3 (unused)
Level 4 (unused)

The above problem is happening ie. a logged in user with Level 2 access (who isn’t admin) doesn’t get shown the login welcome screen but rather the membership options screen.

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 8:55 am #22228

Could you show me what the Membership Options Page vars are when redirected there? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)[/hilite]

That way we’ll know what restriction is being applied, to help us identify what the problem is being.

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 9:19 am #22229
Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 10:52 am #22246

Thanks Cristian for your time. I have since resolved the issue. It was due to some changes that I made to the user roles using the User Role Editor plugin. I didn’t realise that users at every level had to also have access to level 0 otherwise S2member thinks that they aren’t logged in at all.

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 7:17 am #22309

Thanks for the update! I’m very glad you sorted it out. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.