latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Manually adding new user setting Member Level

Home Forums Community Forum Manually adding new user setting Member Level

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  servantes 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 12:58 pm #10042

Is it possible to add users manually before/after activating the S2Member Plugin?

And the new users’ Membership Level – can it be modified manually too?

Reason:
Currently have not upgraded to Paypal Business Account (due to accounting and business registration processes) while want to allow sign-up of new users using Paypal Premier manually (ie. collecting with a Simple Paypal Button) or collecting membership with others means, cash, cheque, etc.

Next, when I have the Paypal Business Account verified, I will activate S2Member plugin.
That’s when I must add these “pre-launch” users, along with their credentials, membership Level, expiry (EOT), email, etc. Is this possible and any help/experience is appreciated.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 4:24 pm #10086
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Yes, s2member hooks into the standard user processes such as creating or editing user information as well as page, posts, etc. So you can add members and change their user levels, ect. at any time manually.

Hope that helps,
Dave

Posted: Friday Apr 6th, 2012 at 6:44 am #10232

HI Dave,
Thanks for answering. While here’s a bit more..
On latest WP version (3.3.1), S2Member installed and activated but Paypal Business Account not yet enabled, plus BuddyPress installed and activated.

I navigate to “USERS” – “Add New”

There are:

Paid Subscr. Gateway: [?]
Paid Subscr. ID: [?]
Custom Value: [?]
Registration IP: [?]
Custom Capabilities: [?]
Automatic EOT Time: [?]
Administrative Notes: [?]

When I select Paid Subscr. Gateway, there is a dropdown and only one selection allowed (Paypal, code: Paypal).
At the page, please help – which is the field to set the member level, and what are the protocol to specify each user’s level?

Posted: Friday Apr 6th, 2012 at 9:07 am #10234
David Welch

In the first section of the user profile you will see “User Role.” This lists the standard Worpress roles as well as the s2member levels. Just select the appropriate s2member level on that list.

If you are using Custom Capabilities as an added layer of restrictions, then you can add those (coma deliniated) in the section you mentioned already under “Custom Capabilities.”

I don’t use Buddypress so I’m not familiare with how it interacts with wp and s2member. Hopefully if there is something else that has to be done with this integration, someone else will fill in the details.

Hope that helps,
Dave

Posted: Friday Apr 6th, 2012 at 9:35 am #10235

Cool Dave! That clears up my question completely. “In the first section of the user profile you will see “User Role.” ”
So a BIG thanks!

Therefore I thought maybe I can give you a free month’s membership as token of “tech help/ support/ development”. Will contact you or if this forum allows personal message, feel free to send with your email.

Here’s the project development page.
http://www.rockethub.com/projects/6954-social-network-for-travel-dating
Official launch is supposed to be 4th July 2012.

Posted: Friday Apr 6th, 2012 at 1:55 pm #10248
David Welch

LOL, I appreciate the thought, but (based on your url) I’m happily married with 3 kids so I won’t need it!

Anyway, this is a great community so feel free to ask any other questions. If I can’t, I’m sure someone else will be able to help.

Dave

Posted: Saturday Apr 7th, 2012 at 1:10 pm #10280

Oh my-bad; – thanks again Dave.

I came back and have setup Twitter and thought to write you can use Twitter Personal message to send your email! Ha! https://twitter.com/#!/couchsurfdate

Well in any case, this project is a “social experiment”. I thought there are too many dating sites that are merely skimming people with fake profiles and robots replying messages.

Anyway just brief update along the lines of my project:
Your help/input with the member level setting for adding users manually wraps up one of my uncertainty.
Have also created a .net site for my ramblings with the experiment/rant/blog etc. Plus a .org for information about the site itself, how-to, why, comparison points, and perhaps a public forum.

Posted: Tuesday May 21st, 2013 at 5:55 pm #50310

Please help! I can’t seem to get any support from this forum. I’ve got a membership site, where I’ve got people that signed up as member Level-1 and paid through the PayPal button. Now, I want to manually upgrade some of them (but not all of them) to a new level I created (Level-2). If I do this from the USERS panel (and clear out their password) 1. will it happen quietly? 2. MOST IMPORTANT, will it mess up their current PayPal monthly membership fees that were first set up with the paypal button for membership level 1? I’m hoping to just upgrade them and have their payments continue as it has been.

If anyone knows the answer to this, I ‘d be most appreciative.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.