latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Manually assigning a user to a s2member level

Home Forums Community Forum Manually assigning a user to a s2member level

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Simeon Musengimana 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Sep 16th, 2012 at 5:33 am #25463

On my website, I encourage members to make donations and I want to continue doing so.
But at the same time, I want visitors to the websites to be able to pay (subscribe or pay per item) in order to access some content, and to download specific files.
I would like to treat my spontaneous supporters (those who donated something) with courtesy and allow them (at least temporarily) to some downloads without forcing them to pay for the levels normally associated with those contents.

For example, through another channel, not through s2member, a user has provided a gift of $50. When he accesses my website to see the content, I would like to be able to manually assign him/her to a level corresponding to a subscribed who has right to 30 downloads a month.

Is it possible, in s2member, to manually promote somebody from a level A to level B to allow him/her to access the content normally reserved for that level B without forcing him to pay through s2members?
Is it possible to tie that favour to a certain length of time, for example: 1 month only or 3 months only or 1 year only?
It would probably be useful to differentiate between the supporters status: for example if User A donated up to 50$ then I can assign him to level X; and the User B who donated up to $100 could be given privileges associated to level Y etc…
My wish is that I could be able to reverse the operation by manually demoting such a ‘Favored Member’ from a level to a lower one.
Could you, please, tell me if and how I will be able to do this using s2member?
Many thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Sep 16th, 2012 at 1:05 pm #25496
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Simeon,

Is it possible, in s2member, to manually promote somebody from a level A to level B to allow him/her to access the content normally reserved for that level B without forcing him to pay through s2members?

Yes this is possible, you would simply edit the user’s role (or custom capabilities) under WP Dashboard -> Users -> All Users -> [Username].

Or, you could implement this hack I developed recently, I posted it at my website: http://eduantech.com/code-snippets/donation-button-that-gives-access

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Sep 16th, 2012 at 3:49 pm #25514

Thank you Eduan.
I’m going to try by editing the user’s role.
God bless you.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.