latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

manually move user, define length

Home Forums Community Forum manually move user, define length

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Apr 15th, 2012 at 7:23 am #10839
kati
Username: hifidunn

When manually moving a member to a new level, can I define how long this membership lasts, so he will automatically be moved back to level 0 after the membership is done?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Apr 15th, 2012 at 10:18 am #10842
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Kati, thanks for your inquiry.

Yes, you would be required set an EOT (End of Term) when editing the user, upgrading him in other words.

You will also have to make sure that the options under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior are correctly set up so that they act the way you want them to.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Apr 17th, 2012 at 6:21 am #10988
kati

So if I manually move all members to level 1, then they will all expire after 4 months? I set level 1 for 4 months in the paypal buttons. Even though there is no comunication with paypal for these members?

But I dont see anywhere, where I define the length of the membership on the different levels apart from when generating the buttons for paypal. Is this correct?

So what happens if I first generate a button for level 1 for 3 months and later change my mind and change it to 4 months? Will the last change always be the valid one?

Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 4:25 am #11080

Yes, if you make a manual edit to the EOT time in the user’s profile, that’s what will be used to trigger the Auto EOT Behavior.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 8:21 am #11102
kati

what I mean is if I just move the member to level 1, will this membership automatically expire? Without making any manual adjustment to EOT in the profile.

I want to move all current members to levle 1, so they get the first 3 months for free, but they should then be moved back to level 0 after the three months. With currently 1300 members that would be a lot to manually have to go through all of them and adjust the EOT, so I need to know if their membership will automatically expire if I move them all to level 1.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 6:56 pm #11166

Just moving them to Level 1 won’t set an EOT time, and doing them one by one will be a lot for so many many members. You can use the User Export/Import tool and do it in bulk. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export[/hilite]

Posted: Monday Apr 23rd, 2012 at 7:48 am #11592
kati

great, thx a lot

Posted: Monday Apr 23rd, 2012 at 5:52 pm #11641

No problem. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.