latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Manually trigger EOT for non-subscriptions?

Home Forums Community Forum Manually trigger EOT for non-subscriptions?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 16th, 2013 at 8:24 pm #44949
TJ
Username: wellwater

When a paypal one-time payment, paypal subscription, or authorize.net subscription are cancelled/refunded, s2member automatically demotes users. The odd-duck out are one-time/lifetime/non-subscription authorize.net payments. As far as I know, when I manually process those cancellations or refunds within the Authorize.Net merchant interface, s2member isn’t notified by authnet’s servers of this, so I have to do the following clean-up within the wordpress admin area:

1) Search for the user in wordpress
2) Manually demote their role from s2member level 1 to subscriber
3) Empty out the Paid Subscr. Gateway, Paid Subscr. ID, and Custom Value
4) Be sure to empty out any custom capabilities
5) Leave an administrative note detailing the manual steps I took
6) save changes

It’s not a huge deal to do this, but I’m wondering if there’s a way to manually trigger an EOT for these particular Authorize.Net registered users that will do the above for me–the way all the other EOT’s are automated?

I primarily need this so the s2member EOT notifications can be fired off for various clean-up routines that take place upon an EOT. I use the EOT notification with a user’s custom capability value to determine what services tied to that user need deactivating or deleting. It’s also nice to be able to have these actions officially logged.

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 2:05 am #45144

Thanks TJ. I’ll ask Jason about that and let you known when I hear back from him. :)

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 6:54 am #45318
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

It does not work with Authorize.Net at all, because Authorize.Net does not notify s2Member about ANY type of refund/reversal. We do poll the Authorize.Net ARB system though, so with Subscriptions that are refunded and then terminated, that gets back to s2Member because of the termination; not because of the refund.

This is mentioned in the documentation here. I’m sorry.
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 11:48 am #45358
TJ
Username: wellwater

Thanks Cristián and Jason for the replies.

Is there any unofficial way to fake an EOT command–essentially tricking the s2member application into demoting a user? Even if I have to fake a paypal EOT call to an authorize.net user account via CURL from my own ready-made PHP script?

Posted: Friday Mar 22nd, 2013 at 5:52 pm #45524
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Is there any unofficial way to fake an EOT command–essentially tricking the s2member application into demoting a user? Even if I have to fake a paypal EOT call to an authorize.net user account via CURL from my own ready-made PHP script?

As Jason said in his previous reply, s2Member does not receive info from Authorize.Net, and therefore does not look for this information. The only way to accomplish this would be to cancel the Subscription at Authorize.Net, and manually demote the User.

Jason said:

We do poll the Authorize.Net ARB system though, so with Subscriptions that are refunded and then terminated, that gets back to s2Member because of the termination; not because of the refund.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.