latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Max failed logins. Please wait 30 minutes

Home Forums Community Forum Max failed logins. Please wait 30 minutes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 17th, 2012 at 2:17 pm #11025

All my accounts are locked in this way – most importantly my admin account! I cannot login to the dashboard to turn this off. How can this be done from command-line or sftp or through database?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 17th, 2012 at 4:07 pm #11033
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jeff, thanks for your inquiry.

This error indicates that you or some of your users have been blocked by the brute force IP/login restrictions.

Which you can reset globally under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Brute Force IP/Login Restrictions. You can also configure it there.

If you want to reset it user individually, you can find the user under WP Admin -> Users -> All Users, when you find the user, click edit in the user profile, and under the s2Member section you will see a “Reset IP/Login Restrictions Logs” or something along those lines, check that checkbox and save the changes to the user.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Apr 17th, 2012 at 4:11 pm #11035

Yeah, that would be an obvious solution if you could actually login in to do it. My admin acount was locked (as stated aboce) thus no WP Admin. It was locked for at least 3 hours. I finally hacked your plugin to omit the check long enough to get in and reset the log. I will be creating a tool to do this in the future. It was painful being unable to administer my site all day.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 17th, 2012 at 5:08 pm #11037
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Thanks for the follow-up Jeff.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to help on this. :(

Although I’m glad you were able to solve your problem. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.