latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Member Control by JWPlayer Playlist Item?

Home Forums Community Forum Member Control by JWPlayer Playlist Item?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 10:21 pm #49899
Casey Noland
Username: ncase

Hello, I am curious if anyone out there in the S2Member-sphere has experience protecting individual videos within a JWPlayer playlist.

Basically this is what I am working to achieve, any pointers would be appreciated:
1) WP Posts contain embedded JW video player utilizing a playlist feature. Bonus points if the playlist items are configurable from within WP, but not essential at this point.
2) Some playlist items (the first couple for example) are completely free to all (level 0)
3) Some playlist items (a select assortment for example) are free for registered members (level 1)
4) All playlist items are viewable for paid members (level 2)
5) In the case of level 0 and level 1 prompts to sign-up would either replace the video, or since I’m not sure I’ll be able to target that specific div while displaying the playlist itself, a sign-up prompt would appear above the video player.

My reasoning for this is that I need all viewers, even non-member to be able to access the video page itself with it’s relevant description (keywords), image gallery (sales tool) and complete playlist (for pre-sale evaluation purposes and additional SEO). Non-members can watch level 0 videos, register on the site free to access a couple more videos within the post (think chapters in a book) and then, once paid, have complete access to all parts.

Has anyone attempted a similar setup? Any tips or examples?

Cheers,
Case

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 16th, 2013 at 3:14 am #50059
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Currently s2Member’s s2Stream shortcodes do not support playlists. However if you’d like to use the default JW Player functionality to use playlists, you could allow Users to access some videos for free by using the keys available through the information here in your Dashboard:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Advanced Download Restrictions

For the protected files, you’d use regular links, so that s2Member will check to see if the User has access to file. If they do not, they will be prompted with an error when they try to view that video.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.