latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Member Import Problem

Home Forums Community Forum Member Import Problem

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Dec 10th, 2012 at 10:37 am #34142

Hiya,

I’m trying to import some members using a CSV file. I keep getting:

Missing or invalid Email address ( ); please try again.

My CSV file is like this:

“ID”,”first name”,”last name”,”Display Name”,”Email”,”gender”,”address1″,”address2″,”town_city”,”state”,”postal_code_zip”,”country”,”phone”,”mobile”,”company_name”,”Position”,”Industry”,”how_did_you_hear”,”Dob”,”member_type”,”Registration Date (dd/mm/yyyy)”,”Website”,”Marketing_Info”,”twitter”

As you can see there is quote a few custom fields which have been added to S2 using the profile fields section.

Can you help>?

-Alex

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Dec 10th, 2012 at 2:38 pm #34168
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi James,

It looks like you don’t have an email address for one of your accounts. This is a required field. Try adding this to your .csv file, or if you can’t do that, edit the user from the WordPress Dashboard and then export again, if possible.

Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:25 pm #35078
Joann Martin
Username: joann

Import CSV Issue, Account ID
The import instructions specify the very first column as ‘ID’.
Question: In the Dashboard User profile, I do not see a field for the Account ID. So, when this ID number is created, where does it appear in the profile fields? Is it the ‘Paid Subscr. ID’?

I am importing brand-new users that do not have an ID. I wish to load them with their pre-existing IDs. However, the system rejects them because their IDs do not exist.

Posted: Thursday Dec 20th, 2012 at 8:43 am #35146

I am importing brand-new users that do not have an ID. I wish to load them with their pre-existing IDs. However, the system rejects them because their IDs do not exist.

That field is for the user’s WP ID. If they don’t have an account yet, you’d leave this empty and a new one will be created. If he has an account, then enter the WP ID and his profile will be updated instead of having a new account created.

If you want to keep the member ID he has, you can create a custom profile field for it. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Dec 20th, 2012 at 9:02 am #35154
Joann Martin
Username: joann

We do have a custom field for their previous ID (not WP).
Q: do I click the User’s name to see their ID?
Q: is there a ‘sample.csv’ file somewhere? Would be very helpful to see the field labels for the columns, in their proper order.

Posted: Saturday Dec 22nd, 2012 at 10:01 am #35326

Q: do I click the User’s name to see their ID?

If you export the users first, you’ll get a CSV file and the row for each user will have his user ID. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Exportation[/hilite]

Another way to see a user’s ID from the Admin area, is to go to his profile and look in the address bar for his ID in the URL. Or, in the User’s list, hover over the link to the user’s profile and you’ll notice the URL of the link in the status bar.

Q: is there a ‘sample.csv’ file somewhere? Would be very helpful to see the field labels for the columns, in their proper order.

The custom profile fields don’t have a specific column in the CSV file to export/import. The format for these is explained in the Import tool’s panel. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation[/hilite]

If a custom profile field doesn’t have a value for a user, then it won’t be in the export CSV. So make sure you have a user that has a value for that field before exporting, and look for that user’s row to see the format.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.