latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Member not denied access after time limit

Home Forums Community Forum Member not denied access after time limit

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 4:26 pm #40200
Jane Donce
Username: Jane11

Hi,

I have a member that made a purchase with this button code:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Member" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.mydomain.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="1" rt="D" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

If I am correct, this indicated a one day membership. However, the member is still able to log in and the purchase was made 5 days ago.

What has to happen for the time limit to work?

Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 12:28 pm #40470
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jane,

Have you read the documentation under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior?

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday Feb 3rd, 2013 at 1:30 pm #40561
Jane Donce
Username: Jane11

Thank you for the reply.

Perhaps changing the fixed term extensions from yes to no will help. However, the account was still allowing access after the change. Do you know if this take a certain amount of time to go into effect or will this change only apply to future members but not current ones?

I was also debating whether I should change the Membership EOT behavior from demote to delete. Since I don’t allow access for free subscribers, I assume demote is still ok. The only reason I didn’t select delete is that I also have a simple press forum and I’m concerned that if I select delete all of that person’s past posts will be deleted as well. Do you have any insights on this as well?

Thanks again.

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 3:36 pm #40782
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Perhaps the reason the user is not getting demoted is bcause some error is happening, not allowing him to get demoted. Could you make sure you have logging enabled under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging? Enable that if it isn’t.

If it is, could you please share the related log entries from all the log files you will be able to find under wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs. Thanks!

If you have a forum system that’s powered by WordPress, in other words, the users exist within the WordPress database then it’s not wise to delete the users once they stop paying. Because all the info regarding that user will be lost, unless the forum system has some method in order to preserve a previous user’s info and posts.

– Eduan

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.