latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Member Posts

Home Forums Community Forum Member Posts

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Dec 18th, 2012 at 11:47 pm #34987

Is it possible for each paid member to submit a post that will be only visible to that member when he is logged in? How do I hide it from the other paid members.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 9:51 am #35057
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Charlene,

I’m afraid that’s not currently possible with s2Member without some custom coding.

If you really want this with s2Member, here’s a solution I propose.

First, all the users should have their own custom capability (so if the username is “maria” the custom capability would be “maria1”, in case somebody else uses that username. The other person would use “maria2” etc.).

Next, when the user creates that post it would require the user to have the custom capability of the user that created it, thus making it only visible to them.

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 10:10 am #35065

But the user would have to have the WP capability to create posts in the first place. Or are you talking bbPress or BuddyPress?

Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 10:37 am #35071

Wordpress. How do I create the custom capability? What code do I need to add?

Posted: Thursday Dec 20th, 2012 at 8:36 am #35145

This is not a feature s2Member supports, or a customization we help with, but you can google how to give your users the ability to post. These should be useful too:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/user-role-editor/

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.