latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Member search option

Home Forums Community Forum Member search option

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 2:22 pm #20924

All I want is to have the ability for Members to search for other Members using basic options (name, city, service). I have now install BuddyPress which is WAY more than what I need; I’m not creating a social networking website.

Can anyone help me? Can I create a PHP script (that looks good) that talks to the database?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 4:25 pm #20936
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Amanda,

I believe there are already plugins for this, you would have to do a search in WordPress’ plugin database.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 8:47 am #21006

I’ve searched and I’ve searched…nothing. All I can find is BuddyPress, and it has WAY too many other things included that I don’t want. I’m having a hard time understanding why there isn’t an easy option here. Any member website should allow the users to search for members; that only makes sense (to me).

Anyway, I was planning on buying in to Pro, but there is not point. I’ll have to find a completely new solution for my goal.

Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 10:00 am #21015
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Have you tried the Members List Plugin?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.